• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best Cricket Farms

BabyBlizzard

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all! So Blizzard is my first baby bearded dragon, born 7/22/14, and I'm testing out different cricket farms to see which ones provide the best crickets for my baby. I've owned adult dragons before and just bought crickets from PetSmart and Petco, but I know they don't sell the appropriate sizes for a baby. So far I've ordered from Millbrook Cricket Farm located in Richland, Mississippi, but wasn't pleased with the results. I ordered 500- 3/8" crickets, but the crickets came in too many different sizes for my liking. I then ordered from ReptileFood.com, this time ordering 1000- 3/8" crickets. I was very pleased that the crickets were all the same size, however, they came in a small box that had connected cardboard slots inside and not the typical egg cartons. I took the cardboard slots out to help transport the crickets into my container and they collapsed, squishing a lot of my crickets. A learning experience for next time I guess, but my beardie loved them and inhaled 20 crickets for his first feeding of the day. Debating whether or not I want to stick with ReptileFood or try another farm. Any suggestions?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Ghann's is good, they are in GA. I've also had luck with Josh's Frogs, they are in Michigan.

BabyBlizzard

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ghann's is good, they are in GA. I've also had luck with Josh's Frogs, they are in Michigan.
I've heard about Ghann's. I think I'll give them a try too :) I'm just being a picky mama. I want to get the best for him ya know? Thank you for the suggestions!

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Dont feed crickets unless a last option, they chew on your dragon and enough can kill. Dubia are healthier and it's easy enough to get a colony going

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would remove ANY uneaten live feeders from the enclosure - cricket or otherwise. There's no reason to have them in there if your dragon isn't eating them.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A friend lost a gecko because they put in around 15 crickets that just attacked the gecko and after he came back from finishing feeding everything else (12 minutes later) the crickets already killed the gecko. I've stopped crickets altogether, mostly because they can hurt the animal.

Latest posts