• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Being crazy after brumation

johnf

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 10 month old bearded dragon and she just work up from brumation about a week ago and is going crazy she ate really good for the first couple days and then has slowed way down to almost nothing is this normal

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 10 month old bearded dragon and she just work up from brumation about a week ago and is going crazy she ate really good for the first couple days and then has slowed way down to almost nothing is this normal
No --- usually 10 month old dragons do not brumate and they should be of good weight to do so - over 300 grams- shes only a juvenile so please go over your surface basking temps how your getting them and the UVB coil or a long tube fixture --

johnf

Bearded Dragon Egg
No --- usually 10 month old dragons do not brumate and they should be of good weight to do so - over 300 grams- shes only a juvenile so please go over your surface basking temps how your getting them and the UVB coil or a long

No --- usually 10 month old dragons do not brumate and they should be of good weight to do so - over 300 grams- shes only a juvenile so please go over your surface basking temps how your getting them and the UVB coil or a long tube fixture --
Her basking temp is 100 to 105 and she a 12% uvb tube fixture but she most definitely did brumate

johnf

Bearded Dragon Egg
I asking I need help my dragon is going crazy in her tank could she be looking for a mate even when I take her out she is on the move she just woke up from brumation about little over a week ago I'm just afraid she gonna hurt herself her temp r right her uvb is new she won't eat and it looks like she is starting to shed please help me out

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are you using a solid clear bright white basking bulb? NO ceramic heat emitters - dragons like cool and dark to sleep -- ambient temps around 65-75 F -- when they turn around 6 months of age the basking temps should be around 95-100 as they get older they do not like the real hot temps -- is the UVB in the tank? Screens block 30% of the rays - wide hole type screens are ok to sit on top but the basking decor should be directly under it 8-10 inches

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I asking I need help my dragon is going crazy in her tank could she be looking for a mate even when I take her out she is on the move she just woke up from brumation about little over a week ago I'm just afraid she gonna hurt herself her temp r right her uvb is new she won't eat and it looks like she is starting to shed please help me out
They do get the zoomies after brumation --- please post a pic of the tank so I can see it and how its set up-- this will help me w/ some ideas of what may possibly be going on

johnf

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't know what to do I can't get my 10 month old breaded dragon to it looks like she is going to shed her face but she won't stop running around her tank like crazy I don't what to do I haven't changed anything from last year I'm afraid she is gonna stress her self out and die I work and can't be there all day with her so what do I do please help me is this okay

johnf

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is her tank

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240227_092246_geeni.jpg
    Screenshot_20240227_092246_geeni.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 6

johnf

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sometime she just sits at the glass looking out window for long Periods at a time is that okay

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's in side the tank kinda on the back wall should I move it over and to the middle
Pull it out of the back wall - 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - this may not effect the zoomies but you want her to be able to sit directly under it-

johnf

Bearded Dragon Egg
Pull it out of the back wall - 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - this may not effect the zoomies but you want her to be able to sit directly under it-
Ok I'll move it when I get home hopefully it will help I no she not eating cuz she getting ready to shed

Latest posts