• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bedding

skeeterbug97

Hatchling Dragon
I have a coconut fiber substrate in my enclosure. I just saw him trying to dig and realized maybe I don't have enough in his tank. How deep should the substrate be inside the tank?

katiehenderson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are you 100% he is a he, just that digging is a sign of a gravid female ready to lay. If you find he is a she then put some sand in a deep tupawear container and dampen it so it holds its form so she can lay her eggs. Females can produce eggs even if not fertilized and can range in frequency anything from every month to once a year. If you are 100% that its a male then they sometimes dig at night to get comfy

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mine is a Juvi still and he digs under the paper towel I have in the tank. And I find him sleeping under it all night and am till lights come on
Sometimes you cant even find the lil guy. its pretty cool

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
I'd say remove the coconut bedding all together. Its dangerous if ingested. Try to move him/her to tile, carpet or something they can't eat. Coconut fiber can expand in the stomach and cause impaction.
If you have a dragon that likes digging, add a dig box at one side of the tank with some play sand. But housing them on it long term can lead to some issues. They do not usually burrow unless laying eggs. I do have one male that digs before sleep but the dig box has really helped calm his incessant digging in corners.

Latest posts