• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardies Tail

Pat B

Super Moderator
Some of you know my history with Spikes tail so I don't go there. He is doing well, eats well, poops, basks where he should. I have been bathing him about every other day and I have been taking a gentle brush and brushing his tail for possible shedding that wasn't done. I have attached 2 pics of his tail. The very tip is black and hard and haven't touched it. I am going to 'assume' that when his tip is healed it will drop off. I put neosporin on about once a day. Am I doing the right thing or does he need to go a vet. I don't see any abnormal behavior. Thanks.
DSC00594.JPG
DSC00595.JPG

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks like he's healing normally. If it looks 'open' at any time - that's when I would start to consider a vet trip...

Pat B

Super Moderator
Thank you thank you....it doesn't look open and it isn't seeping anything. I will continue with the warm baths and soft brush. He looks funny without a full tail!

Pat B

Super Moderator
oh...forgot to tell you....I saw a picture of another stub tailed beardie so it didn't make me feel so bad....:confused:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yup, pretty much, the only one that I 'Know' the lineage or Bloodline of is the male on the left, Demonicus (Demon) & it is Double Normal/Sandfire x True Sandfire/Blood cross.

Sandy, the next one over, I got as a really skinny little lady from a Pet Store, that some one had brought to them because they couldn't keep them anymore at 7 Months, had been housed with a much larger male & wasn't in the best of shape. As usual they had no background, but is pretty much just a normal, there weren't many Colorful BDs back then.

Dinah (F) & Arrow (M) were 2 rescues, so no info on them. Dinah definitely is a Normal & Arrow has some nice coloring.

The 2 on the left are the ones that I have eggs in the 'Cooker' from.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Looks like you did a good job on Sandy....she is a little 'chunker". Thanks for sharing and showing pictures of your beardies.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hienz57 is a meat sauce with 57 different ingredients. The term has been used for many years to describe animals of mixed breeds, originally in reference to dogs, but has been carried over to animals in general of questionable or mixed lineage ;). The term is so old that it could have been written on MY crib, lol.
laughhard-1.gif

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hienz57 is a meat sauce with 57 different ingredients. The term has been used for many years to describe animals of mixed breeds, originally in reference to dogs, but has been carried over to animals in general of questionable or mixed lineage ;). The term is so old that it could have been written on MY crib, lol.
laughhard-1.gif
That must mean the term is ancient :p

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
ahhh thankyou! i'm not sure we sell heinz 57 sauce here in the U.K thats probably why i've never heard the term before :) thanks for clearing that up it makes sense now :p
You're probably right. They hate that we even put ketchup on things.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hm, did I miss the thread on how it happened :confused: ???

It always seems like the ones with the stubby tails are the ones that are more loving. Midna has a stubby tail. She got it from when she was a baby. One of her sisters bit it off (happened when the previous owner had her). She and other stubbies that I have handled are sooooo sweet! Heres her pic!
DSCN4072.jpg

That last pic of the top of the base of the tail looks just like Midna in that area!

Latest posts