• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardies and geckos

Michael Colley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So I took my crested gecko out and walked past my bearded dragons cage and the dragon went insane! He was scratching and running around the front of the terrarium opening his mouth and licking the window. He would not settle down! But interesting enough his beard didn't get black.

So do beardies just hate geckos haha. Maybe he was just being territorial with another animal around?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's funny. I think he was just being territorial. I've never had any problems with my male and other animals. I have frogs and a chameleon and they can all see each other. He only goes nuts when he sees the other dragons.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol Silly dragon...I agree with PatsyB :) Hey also maybe he thought you were bringing him some yummy treats.... naughty dragon lol

Michael Colley

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Haha he better not be interested in eating it! He must be territorial which is so strange. I figured if he was territorial he would have flared the beard. But the opening of the mouth was cool.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
My beardie does the same thing if he sees my leopard geckos, I assume since they lick at it like they would to bugs that they think the geckos are food since they're small [emoji51]

Latest posts