• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardies and Blankets!

StaciaAndHades

Bearded Dragon Egg
My BD, Hades loves to be snuggled up in a blanket.
He also doesn't like to sleep in his viv, and I have to let him doze off on me before I can put him to sleep in his viv.
Anyone else experience something like this?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My boy likes to hide under a blanket on the couch but when I put him to bed in his tank he doesn't like to be in a blanket! I've never had any issues with either of mine not wanting to sleep in their tank.

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
Precious has a thing for the really soft fake fur type materials. When she came across some of my own blankets of that material, she would always rub her hands all around it, like she was enjoying the feel of it. She's like her mom...I have a weird quirk where I can not walk past a blanket in a store without touching it, always searching for the next softest one to bring home.
I went to Walmart and got some of that kind fabric to cut up into smaller blankets to use for them. Every time I go to WM, I check out the fabric area for any clearance of that material. Might be an ugly pattern but once in a while, I'll come across a yard on sale for $2. My skinks love the blankets too, more than hides. I usually fold the blanket over and they curl up inside it, like their own little sleeping bags.

StaciaAndHades

Bearded Dragon Egg
Precious has a thing for the really soft fake fur type materials. When she came across some of my own blankets of that material, she would always rub her hands all around it, like she was enjoying the feel of it. She's like her mom...I have a weird quirk where I can not walk past a blanket in a store without touching it, always searching for the next softest one to bring home.
I went to Walmart and got some of that kind fabric to cut up into smaller blankets to use for them. Every time I go to WM, I check out the fabric area for any clearance of that material. Might be an ugly pattern but once in a while, I'll come across a yard on sale for $2. My skinks love the blankets too, more than hides. I usually fold the blanket over and they curl up inside it, like their own little sleeping bags.

I'm looking into getting a baby blanket or something for Hades viv. As of right now I have a small towel in there and he loves it!

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Omg I'm not the only one. Hef has an Elroy blanket he loves it too. If we don't tuck them in they'll sleep in the worse positions. Hef tucks himself in now. So cute.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
On bearded dragon. Org they're doing a calendar and the guy tries to put all the pics submitted in the calendar someplace . Hef and Minion are in. Just letting you know.

Latest posts