• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie tail

Jfl328

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys,

I got my first bearded dragons nearly a month ago now. One of them had something up with its tail when I picked him up from the store. At the time it was shedding so I didn't think much of it. But it sort of looks like the very tip of its tail fell off. It's not tender or swollen and I make sure to wash and dry it when I give it a bath. I'm going to Petsmart to restock on crickets, should I take it to the vet there to get it checked out?
57b487d1fab10cb8b2eefcd4f1ca41a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks all healed up now, it's pretty common (sadly) that they get nipped tails, toes, limbs from fights between clutch mates and cage mates.
My female had the very tip of her tail kinked somehow and it just fell off one day and that's that.. No need to worry it looks good, only would worry if it got black and shriveled up and spread down the tail...

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I can't see the whole tail, you're asking about the tip of his tail and I can't see it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
His tail looks good to me, that might just be the way his tail is. I've got 8, and 2 out of the 8 have kinks or weird tails they were born that way, I chalked it up to their genetics makes them unique

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Latest posts