• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Healthy but not poopin

Dominick Dekker

Bearded Dragon Egg
My juvenile beardie isnt pooping but is very active and healthy. He is eating and drinking and is very active but simply isnt pooping. Ive been giving warm bathes and felt around his bowels for signs of impaction but nothing came up...help?

Emmamali

Bearded Dragon Egg
I agree with making sure the temps are right. Also would recommend feeding some softer foods and see if that could help him digest better. I once used canned pumpkin but I have heard of baby foods and putting olive oil on greens. Also what substrate do you have him on?Make sure it is not any loose substrate. They can digest that and cause the impaction. Make sure his food is no larger than the width of his head. Even the greens need to be cut up to that size.

Bigs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Feed heavily mid day after first basking session and again every few hours he is willing until 2hours before bed. Surface area contact with his butt/tail/tummy is helpful first thing A.M they should have a metabolism wake up poop with sine morning greens and pre heated pre designated poop spot with a strong light..but not full 105 basking mode..a transitional toilet zone. Beardies dont like pooping where they bask (learned behavior as they grow. Just like children) They also prefer pooping into crevasses or space between objects..instinctually..to distance themselves from it like cats or dogs. However, if you scare them and negatively reinforce the poop when it's in the wrong spot..they will frighten, hold it in..and remember...slowing the trust process..safe comfort zone with high temps upon waking with some greens/dry insect crouton crumbs/repashy/calcium is good habit..

If all else fails..induce a massive poo storm mid day when they are very hot and silly
-warm bath or paper flat..a few poop stool rocks to rise body vertically for gravity assistance
- applesauce, non acidic fruits with osmotic sugar pull
- very very light tummy rub for 30 second intervals. Excitement, friendly visitors/and even caffeine sugar water if things get hopeless..but poo explosion will occur before last option even remotely necessary.
-proper hydration/heat for enzymes to fuel smooth muscle contraction and pipe flow.. the most important gut flow regulator

Latest posts