• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

beardie has just had an op :(

itsmissjones

Bearded Dragon Egg
So its wasn't going to happen at first but today my little Butter had to be spayed as her eggs weren't forming as she was too young. (Dont worry i never tried breeding her, shes just was acting older then she is!) Anyway she's home now and still very groggy. Only thing im worried about is i cant be home due to work tomorrow so should i change her aspen substrate out for kitchen roll as im worried it will stick to her belly as its still leaking a bit? Also should i remove her logs just till she's fully awake? She already had a habit of belly flopping everywhere as she's a little clumsy!

X

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Poor baby! Hope she recovers quick, I would keep her on paper towel until she is fully healed and take out anything she can climb on.

itsmissjones

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ive tried to keep the viv looking as normal as possible as the last thing we need is moving stress! Is there any easy way of getting antibiotics in her as for the first time ever, she tried nipping my other half when he was giving them to her this morning (he now refuses to try it again lol) just want to make her as comfy as possible :(
(Warning of the gruesome pic)
this is what she had removed and she has two parallel lines of stiches on her little belly :(

itsmissjones

Bearded Dragon Egg
Little one is a bit perkier. Still can't get her to eat so will give it a few more days then might have to resort to giving her baby food with a syringe. Worst part is if i hear from any more work colleagues that i should "get a refund cause i was sold a faulty beardie" i may flip!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I hate when no reptile people say stuff like that. I want to start saying that about their human kids!

itsmissjones

Bearded Dragon Egg
A few are lovely and always ask if she's ok as they know i see her like my little girl (sad but true, the OH doesn't want kids yet) but we finally got her to eat. Only 2 small Dubias but its a start. And she's stop flipping out when we give her antibiotics :)

Latest posts