• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie growing into adulthood!!

amotoole

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all,

My dragon (Cosmo) is the best little guy ever and I love him so much! He is 11 months old and is a hair over 20", his weight is about 450 grams last time I checked.

What should I be doing for vet visits? Should I go once he turns 1? I want to make sure he lives a happy and healthy life. He also hasn't grown essentially at all in length in about 2 months, should I expect more growth?

I also want to keep him stimulated throughout the day. He pokes at the glass in his enclosure a lot and I am looking for ideas on how I could help him have some fun when I'm not around to let him free roam the house.

I'm open to any and all feedback. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all,

My dragon (Cosmo) is the best little guy ever and I love him so much! He is 11 months old and is a hair over 20", his weight is about 450 grams last time I checked.

What should I be doing for vet visits? Should I go once he turns 1? I want to make sure he lives a happy and healthy life. He also hasn't grown essentially at all in length in about 2 months, should I expect more growth?

I also want to keep him stimulated throughout the day. He pokes at the glass in his enclosure a lot and I am looking for ideas on how I could help him have some fun when I'm not around to let him free roam the house.

I'm open to any and all feedback. Thanks!
Welcome - please tell me the brand and bulb of the uvb - personally I would not let your dragon free roam the house especially when not at home- you can set them on the back of a couch or chair in front of a window - they love looking out- if you set him on the floor make sure he cannot get under something you can't get him out- you can use pillows pool noodles to block off spots - vet visits are recommended once a year taking a stool sample in NO ENEMAS!! those can end in disaster -

Latest posts