• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragons Sharing Same Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Cute! Has anyone mentioned that beardies really shouldn't be housed together? There are success stories, but in general, they are not social creatures and one may become more dominant. The outlook for the non-dominant one is not a good one.

Budrow01

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Beardie Sharing Same Viv

Ive been told it's ok for 2 Females, Male & Female, but not 2 Males, Im sure as time goes on I will split them up I found the DIY tank setup on the Habitats page and put it on my favorites for future reference.Will need to upgrade them in 6 months anyways now they are in a 20L Terrarium. I have been watching them for tempers and have seen them both get the fair share of the food, but ofcourse they are still babies as time goes Im sure this will change

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Sharing Same Viv

Nice dragons. What you want to watch for as they get older is one not eating or not being active. This is one of the signs that one dragon is starting to dominate the other. Sometimes 2 females will not get along either. Each dragon is different.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When they are younger, you will not see the issues that arise. I know it's hard to accept. These guys are so cute and friendly with us. I think it is human nature to want everyone to get along.

Unfortunately, bearded dragons are not social creatures when it comes to other bearded dragons. And many times, one will dominate. This causes the weaker beardie to go into a state of distress. Signs are not eating, not moving around, and hiding. Also, the alpha of the 2 can injure the other.

This behavior is not seen when they are babies. As they get older, this can occur.

Something else to keep in mind, sexing a bearded dragon is difficult. Usually, one cannot determine the sex until the bearded dragons has reached at least 4 months of age.

Budrow01

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've been talking to a breeder out of Oregon and he has gave me alot of info on this Im gonna get with him soon to help me sex them so when I do make a viv or two depending on how they are.

pinkynbrain

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Reply as to what renee has said and my 2 are only just over 2 months old and about a week ago we had to separate them because already one was being more dominant. Brain wasnt eating as much and not too active, but now they are both doing fine. So it can even happen at an early age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts