• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon not leaving hide and acting lethargic

SpikeyTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,

I have a 6 month old bearded dragon and have had him for nearly 3 months,

I recently bought a new basking rock, around a week ago, and ever since I got it he doesn't want to leave it as there is a cave in the middle of it. He was very lethargic even before I got this basking rock but much more recently. Even to eat or bask he never leaves unless I remove it from the viv or I remove him from the basking rock which is hard as he clings onto it so I do not remove it. Also when he is inside this cave/basking rock he sleeps most of the time. What do you think is wrong?

I have a 40 gal viv with a T5 Reptisun 10.0 UV fixture of Zoo Med and a 100W Basking Bulb of Komodo. He eats a healthy amount of feeders and vegetables when he actually eats and when I take him out of the viv he is very active and alert.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie started to get really inactive too. I brought a fecal to the vet and she had excessive pinworms. She's on medication now and after a week we noticed more energy. I'd get that checked out.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are your temps? Can you post a picture of his tank for us to see..If you've not had him checked by a vet that's a good idea to have done to make sure he's healthy..and free of parasites.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I happen to agree with these 2 posts. Lighting is so critical to a beardies health, is your uvb current? I can tell you from my own personal experience that if their poop really stinks he's got worms and will need a vet visit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Latest posts