• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon not eating

Guinea_Pig

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,
My beardie just fully woke up from brumation yesterday. I tried to feed her mealworms and her favorite treats, as well as kale. She picked through the salad for the mealworms, ate those, but left the rest. She’s usually great about eating her greens. Should I be concerned that she’s not eating, or is it normal for them to be lazy right after they wake up?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello,
My beardie just fully woke up from brumation yesterday. I tried to feed her mealworms and her favorite treats, as well as kale. She picked through the salad for the mealworms, ate those, but left the rest. She’s usually great about eating her greens. Should I be concerned that she’s not eating, or is it normal for them to be lazy right after they wake up?

Give her some time--- she hasnt eaten for a while -- how long was she in brumation and did you offer water -- please do - keep offering food every day and she may start to eat more and more slowly tho --- make sure her surface basking temps are up to par being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and your using a good UVB -- properly placed and distanced for your screen -- NO coils please --

Guinea_Pig

Hatchling Dragon
Give her some time--- she hasnt eaten for a while -- how long was she in brumation and did you offer water -- please do - keep offering food every day and she may start to eat more and more slowly tho --- make sure her surface basking temps are up to par being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and your using a good UVB -- properly placed and distanced for your screen -- NO coils please --
I can’t remember when she went into brumation, but it was pretty warm here in az up until like December, so it was probably late November early December. Should I be offering her insects on her salad every day, or only a few times A week?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can’t remember when she went into brumation, but it was pretty warm here in az up until like December, so it was probably late November early December. Should I be offering her insects on her salad every day, or only a few times A week?
Every day ---- its gonna take awhile for her appetite to come completely back -- just make sure everything else is spot on

Latest posts