• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon not eating live food

debbiew

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,
I’m looking for some advice please.
My bearded dragon who is about a year and a half has suddenly stopped eating all live food. His favourite was wax worms but he now will not touch anything. He eats plenty of salad though. I hope I can get some advice
Thank you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,
I’m looking for some advice please.
My bearded dragon who is about a year and a half has suddenly stopped eating all live food. His favourite was wax worms but he now will not touch anything. He eats plenty of salad though. I hope I can get some advice
Thank you
There could be a number of reasons dragons quit eating - could be weather could be the surface basking temps- or the UVB--- how are you taking surface basking temps? They should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer stick ons are inaccurate - UVB long tube fixture please there are 3 that are recommended here -- NO coils -- did your dragon brumate this winter? Please get a staple feeder dubia roaches crickets BSFL or silk worms - wax worms are terribly fatty and if fed too many can cause liver damage - super worms horn worms and meal worms are a better treat but fed in moderation -

debbiew

Bearded Dragon Egg
There could be a number of reasons dragons quit eating - could be weather could be the surface basking temps- or the UVB--- how are you taking surface basking temps? They should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer stick ons are inaccurate - UVB long tube fixture please there are 3 that are recommended here -- NO coils -- did your dragon brumate this winter? Please get a staple feeder dubia roaches crickets BSFL or silk worms - wax worms are terribly fatty and if fed too many can cause liver damage - super worms horn worms and meal worms are a better treat but fed in moderation -
Hi thank you for replying. He didn’t bromate because he was too young

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
His uvb light is new and his temperature is between 36 and 37 degrees
What brand of UVB and is it in a fixture/ hood w / a reflector - is it in the tank or top of screen? Your dragon is not too old to brumate -- but we need to make sure the basking temps and UVB is good - anything off can simulate brumation -

debbiew

Bearded Dragon Egg
What brand of UVB and is it in a fixture/ hood w / a reflector - is it in the tank or top of screen? Your dragon is not too old to brumate -- but we need to make sure the basking temps and UVB is good - anything off can simulate brumation -
Hi Sadie.
I think it may be the uvb light. I checked the date I purchased it and it was June last year. I feel terrible x

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Sadie.
I think it may be the uvb light. I checked the date I purchased it and it was June last year. I feel terrible x
What brand and bulb are you using so I can help here

debbiew

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you very much for your help,I will see if I can cancel the exo terra or send it back and get the Arcadia

Latest posts