• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Maintenance Formula

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Arrived today in the mail and decided to see if Allie would have some. I moistened a few pieces with water and she ate those green ones right up. I even left her some to munch on while I left for errands. She munched on them all right! I can tell she likes them and I'm worried about the cricket eggs and they're not hatching even with warmth and moist dirt. :(

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, regarding the crickets eggs. What are the ambients? How long since you pulled from bin with adults? Do you see little clearish/white eggs? They kinda look like very very small grains of rice.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
About last week. The adults are all dead by now. I saw them and been keeping them at 'Room temperature-77-80. Maybe they'll hatch this week.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks like he's a picky eater. :) First time mine touched them. (Even the crickets ate them last night.)

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, You will want to take the adults or the container out after 24 hours. This will eliminate them munching on the eggs. Try to set up ambients in the 90-100* area. With these temps, they will start to hatch out in 7-10 days.

Ill throw in this if it may help you next time.
Things needed:
+ 18 g sterilite tote with lid
+ packing tape
+ chinese take out container or anything 2 inches tall by whatever you want on length and width.
+ peat moss mix.
+ adult crickets
+ misting bottle
+ 90-100 ambient temps

This is my super simple way to do this. Get a shallow approx 2 inch tall container by however long and wide you want. The bigger the better. Place about 1 inch of peat moss mix in the container and make it thoroughly wet. Place this container in with some adult crickets and remove the following day. Get a 18 gallon sterilite tote and line the top of the tote with packing tape. Do this below the hole that are on the handles or seal the little holes up. Nymphs will climb and will get out of any small hole. In the summer i place them in the garage where it is super warm. Temps are usually between 90-100f degrees. During incubation, I crack the lid on the tote and mist once daily. Take the lid off once they hatch. They generally hatch out in 7-10 days.

Good luck!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks! I don't have a lot of adults yet from this bunch. They gave me small crickets not yet ready to mate. (Petland went with a new cricket dealer because the last dealer they had was horrible. They got these cleaner bugs more than the crickets.) I don't have an extra light yet. I did once upon a time before it blew out. And Allie needs her heat right now since it's cooler.

Latest posts