• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon is flipping on his back

Res63089

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys, a week or 2 ago I posted about my 10 year old beardie always having his eyes closed and possible brumating.
Well, now I think that is ruled out and he is unable to walk correctly and we found him flipped on his back twice the other day.
He has been to the vet twice in 2 weeks. He had an exam, x-rays, blood test, enema just in case of impaction, and a stool sample. NOTHING came back strange. She said everything seems fine. WHAT IS GOING ON?!? I am beside myself. How can everything look fine but the poor thing is stumbling, looks like he has lost all motor skills in a matter of 2 weeks.
Also- he's been healthy for almost all these 10 years. He has a 40 gallon breeder, paper towels inside, reptisun 10.0 24 inch uvb tube, basking spot is 100-105, and he eats lots of sweet potato and collards. He has calcium 3 times a week. And gets warm baths 3 or 4 times a week. Someone please help here, we can't afford more vet visits after spending a ton and getting no answers.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Anything change in you house? Any new cleaning products or perfumes or lotions you are using? Any new brand of supplements? Are the suplements expired? When were the bulbs last changed?

The other possibility, and the one we don't want to ever think of is, he's 10 and that's pretty much their lifespan, maybe he's telling you that he's had a good life with you but it's time for him to go :(

Res63089

Bearded Dragon Egg
Nothing different.. supplements are brand new.. lights are brand new too :(
Flipping over just doesn't seem normal...he is struggling to keep his balance..

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
Maybe get a 2nd opinion? But with any senior animal things can shut down just due to age

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Hey thete just wanted to see how the guy coming along any updates. And as the other said beardie has a life span of 10 to 15 years. Best thing to do is give him all the love and care u can. For you to have him for 10 years u did a wonderful job in raising the guy. Some people can't even get by a half a year.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hey thete just wanted to see how the guy coming along any updates. And as the other said beardie has a life span of 10 to 15 years. Best thing to do is give him all the love and care u can. For you to have him for 10 years u did a wonderful job in raising the guy. Some people can't even get by a half a year.

He passed away. She updated in another post

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Aww I'm so sry to hear that. But he or she shouldn't be too hard on themselves as he lived a good life. I'm sure they looking for another baby to care of

Latest posts