• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon "glass surfing"?

JustSambino

Hatchling Dragon
Hi, I've just gotten my bearded dragon and had him for about 3 hours. I fed him an hour a go and now he keeps glass surfing.
He's only 2-3 months old, the heating in the vivarium is perfect and what I first got him and put him in there he just sat in his basking spot happily until feeding time.
Any ideas on why he's doing this? Is it because he's scared of me? Or just adapting to his new environment?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Adapting. For a few weeks even. Maybe he wants to be with you? Try it for a short while

JustSambino

Hatchling Dragon
Oh I've been reading not to hold them for a couple of weeks, just put you hand in and closer to them, so they can get used to their environment. If he wants to be with me then I have no problem with that haha

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He is likely just scared of the new environment, as this can be very stressful for them. Do you have lots of hiding places for him in the enclosure? They glass dance because they want to get away, he isnt feeling safe in there. So adding more cover in the enclosure, more hides, etc should help, but sometimes it just takes time. Id recommend not holding him for a week or so to let him acclimate better.

Latest posts