• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon droopy bottom eyelids

agirlandherbeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi to all, this is my first ever post, I made my account literally seconds ago. I do not know where else to go, there are no exotic vets near me and I have tried googling this issue but havent found anything that was concrete evidence on what this was. I purchased my bearded dragon from petco exactly a year ago today. Since then, he's definitely grown, but there is an issue that I have been worrying about that has also grown. The droopiness of my beardie's bottom eyelids. I read somewhere that it was caused by dehydration, which I believe could be the cause. I have no idea why but ever since I bought my bearded dragon, I have only watched it drink rfom a bowl one time. In the entire year I have had this guy, I have never witnessed it drink from water or bath all except one single time. I have enclosed pictures from the first day I bought my beardie and today, as well as tank enclosure. I don't know what to do to help my beardie drink water, I have tried putting water on its head, spraying its veggies, and baths. It works the first and second time but after that. no dice. This is stressing me out because I constantly worry about this issue as well as the tons of other issues piling on in my life. I need help. Thank you

Attachments

• beardie 1.jpg
    beardie 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • beardie 2.jpg
    beardie 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • beardie yung.jpg
    beardie yung.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 13
  • droopy lid.jpg
    droopy lid.jpg
    748.8 KB · Views: 13
  • set up.jpg
    set up.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi to all, this is my first ever post, I made my account literally seconds ago. I do not know where else to go, there are no exotic vets near me and I have tried googling this issue but havent found anything that was concrete evidence on what this was. I purchased my bearded dragon from petco exactly a year ago today. Since then, he's definitely grown, but there is an issue that I have been worrying about that has also grown. The droopiness of my beardie's bottom eyelids. I read somewhere that it was caused by dehydration, which I believe could be the cause. I have no idea why but ever since I bought my bearded dragon, I have only watched it drink rfom a bowl one time. In the entire year I have had this guy, I have never witnessed it drink from water or bath all except one single time. I have enclosed pictures from the first day I bought my beardie and today, as well as tank enclosure. I don't know what to do to help my beardie drink water, I have tried putting water on its head, spraying its veggies, and baths. It works the first and second time but after that. no dice. This is stressing me out because I constantly worry about this issue as well as the tons of other issues piling on in my life. I need help. Thank you
Try dropping water on his nose and let it run down -- keep dropping or spraying till he starts to lick - if he doesnt and moves away hes not needing water --- what does his poop look like ? It should be dark formed and moist the urate white formed and moist -- if its chalky and dried out hes dehydrated -- next I dont see a long tube fixture for a UVB -if your using a coil they are a health hazard- I can help you w/ a UVB there are 3 that are good ones-- how are you getting surface basking temps? I dont see any temp gauges --- the drooping of the eyes could be genetics --- as far as being dehydrated I dont think that would cause that

Latest posts