• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon black spots on beard

What are these black streaks under beard?

• A bruise?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A fungus? Bacteria?

• Nothing?

• Take him to the vet, it’s serious

• Total voters

Ana cantu

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! So I recently noticed my bearded dragon has these black streaks under his beard and it’s worrying me because they weren’t there before? He’s about 9 months old and he eats superworms/ crickets / blueberries / strawberries / bananas / veggies I mean I have not changed his diet at all so I’m not sure why he got these random black streaks? If anyone knows what it is, please help btw he’s sleeping in the picture below lol

Attachments

• 2BCD962D-85A6-4747-BF2B-E7269E6C827C.jpeg
    2BCD962D-85A6-4747-BF2B-E7269E6C827C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 51

Ana cantu

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have not changed his diet except I did have to put his superworms outside in a big open container because my mom did not want them inside so I’m worrying maybe I shouldn’t have done that ))):

Ana cantu

Bearded Dragon Egg
That would not of caused the lines -- it looks like it could be the start of shedding ---keep an eye on it --- or they could be stress marks as well --- their beards will change color w/ their moods --- what are you using for a UVB? Tube or coil? And what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? NO Stick ONs they are inaccurate --- you need a digital probe for best accurate temps - get them at Petco or Petsmart they are cheap

Hi! For UVB it’s a tube and I had bought him a 100W heat bulb - I have a stick on which you’re right, I should’ve probably bought a digital one but I don’t think heat is the problem, he’ll bask a few times during the day and the bulb is close but not too burning hot to the point where he’ll get burns, he’ll go to a cool place whenever he doesn’t feel like basking anymore etc so i don’t think it’s the temp or anything but thank you for replying!

Ana cantu

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your basking temps and UVB are the most important thing in that tank if something is off your going to have issues ---
Yes, I realize that! I’ve researched everything about their temperatures and UVB and i honestly think I already have that taken care of, I switched out his bulbs when the 6 month mark hit and the tank is set up so that the UVB hits the entire tank so no matter what spot he’s on, he’ll get it and the bulb I got like I said, was a 100 W but I don’t know if you think I should get a higher one? I’ll buy the digital probe hopefully tomorrow! Thank you!

Latest posts