• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bathroom heat lamp fir beardie?

daboss

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello,
my daughter has a 1 year old bearded dragon that we just acquired from an idiot that was going to let it go, OUTSIDE (in Wisconsin). The heat lamp went out last night and thankfully, I was able to get a new reptile one, but the pet store is 1.5hr drive for us so can be hard to sometimes. I was just wondering, could you use a bathroom heat lamp? They are cheaper and much more accessible. Or do they get too hot?
Thanks for any answers.

rowsley

Hatchling Dragon
hello,
my daughter has a 1 year old bearded dragon that we just acquired from an idiot that was going to let it go, OUTSIDE (in Wisconsin). The heat lamp went out last night and thankfully, I was able to get a new reptile one, but the pet store is 1.5hr drive for us so can be hard to sometimes. I was just wondering, could you use a bathroom heat lamp? They are cheaper and much more accessible. Or do they get too hot?
Thanks for any answers.
If im not mistaken you could just use a regular flood/spot light for a heat lamp. So if you have a walmart or hardware store near by. Try different wattages to get the temp you need and take back what isn't working. Walmart takes anything back lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes you can use a indoor/outdoor flood light and they work just as good and are less expensive. In a pinch you could just use a regular household bulb that gives off heat until you can get the right bulb. I have 4 set ups (5 with my hornworms) and I always make sure that I have extra bulbs on hand because you never know when they are going to go out. I usually order my lights from Amazon. Also, Dr. Foster Smith is in Steven's Point and they usually have good deals. I don't know if they have a store front but shipping is real fast.

I couldn't imagine letting a pet lizard loose in WI! Even having indoor/outdoor cats freak me out. My dad is in Wautoma and he is always telling me how the neighbor cat comes over while he's out. I would be so afraid that a wild animal would attack it!

Latest posts