• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bath

Srand70

Hatchling Dragon
My dragon does not like bathing…have a thermometer to make sure temp is good… have a rock so he doesn’t stress over drowning….do it weekly. Any advice or suggestions that could help?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My dragon does not like bathing…have a thermometer to make sure temp is good… have a rock so he doesn’t stress over drowning….do it weekly. Any advice or suggestions that could help?
Yep if its really stressing them out I would refraining from giving them a bath-- how old is the dragon and how is he getting his water? Unless the dragon is pooping him self I would not give him baths - you can offer water by dripping on his nose so he licks it off - spray his head w/ water or offer by eye dropper -- if hes shedding really bad and it becomes dry and crackly you can spray him in the tank take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush the loose stuff -- NEVER peel the shed -- you can cause injuries to the scales and create an infection

Srand70

Hatchling Dragon
Yep if its really stressing them out I would refraining from giving them a bath-- how old is the dragon and how is he getting his water? Unless the dragon is pooping him self I would not give him baths - you can offer water by dripping on his nose so he licks it off - spray his head w/ water or offer by eye dropper -- if hes shedding really bad and it becomes dry and crackly you can spray him in the tank take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush the loose stuff -- NEVER peel the shed -- you can cause injuries to the scales and create an infection

Srand70

Hatchling Dragon
He/she is about 4 months old…we place it in the water..has never pooped in the bath water…would never peel while shedding…is it old enough to chage over to a sand/soil substrate…currently using the liner made for dragons..not the carpet…thank you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He/she is about 4 months old…we place it in the water..has never pooped in the bath water…would never peel while shedding…is it old enough to chage over to a sand/soil substrate…currently using the liner made for dragons..not the carpet…thank you
Any loose substrate for babies up to a year is not recommended - for me personally I don't recommend it at all- loose substrate is hard to keep clean and bacteria free- you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank-- nothing w/ grooves in it too hard to get the poop out- what size tank do you have zen habitats sells a mat for their 4x2x2 tanks- also what are using for a uvb?

Srand70

Hatchling Dragon
Any loose substrate for babies up to a year is not recommended - for me personally I don't recommend it at all- loose substrate is hard to keep clean and bacteria free- you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank-- nothing w/ grooves in it too hard to get the poop out- what size tank do you have zen habitats sells a mat for their 4x2x2 tanks- also what are using for a uvb?
Currently we have a 40 gallon but plan on a open front 65/70 gallon…I currently have the textured mat you are referring to…just wasn’t sure about the sand as it is so back and forth if its good or bad…thank you very much

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Currently we have a 40 gallon but plan on a open front 65/70 gallon…I currently have the textured mat you are referring to…just wasn’t sure about the sand as it is so back and forth if its good or bad…thank you very much
And the UVB your using? Please NO coils--- they are a death sentence for dragons

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have the Arcadia 12% UVB T5 HO - 22" (24W) uvb light. Also have the basking area set up so the basking light and uvb overlap..i am offering greens first thing in the morning and a fee are eaten then i give small cricket dusted in calcium powder
Ok so the screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type- this will make a difference as to where the UVB needs to be -- you can get some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com to use as lures to the salad bowl they are a great staple feeder for babies feed as many as you want - please dust the crickets I recommend dubia roaches w/ calcium D3 ONE time per day 5 x per week - vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONE time per day - please feed as many crickets she will eat in a 10 min time frame - small crickets ? She may be able to eat medium crickets by now - go by the space between her eyes for size of the insects -- she should be able to eat large BSFL they are a small larvae
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
this is a great bowl for keeping the larvae and smaller insects in

Srand70

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so the screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide hole type- this will make a difference as to where the UVB needs to be -- you can get some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com to use as lures to the salad bowl they are a great staple feeder for babies feed as many as you want - please dust the crickets I recommend dubia roaches w/ calcium D3 ONE time per day 5 x per week - vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONE time per day - please feed as many crickets she will eat in a 10 min time frame - small crickets ? She may be able to eat medium crickets by now - go by the space between her eyes for size of the insects -- she should be able to eat large BSFL they are a small larvae
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
this is a great bowl for keeping the larvae and smaller insects in
It is wide hole wire mesh and I’ve been using BSFL…we only have small or large cricket in our srea

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is wide hole wire mesh and I’ve been using BSFL…we only have small or large cricket in our srea
Please start ordering on line - pet stores are expensive and unreliable- I can post a bunch of websites for you if you like- the wide hole the uvb can stay on top w/ your basking decor directly under the uvb 8-10 inches please

Srand70

Hatchling Dragon
Please start ordering on line - pet stores are expensive and unreliable- I can post a bunch of websites for you if you like- the wide hole the uvb can stay on top w/ your basking decor directly under the uvb 8-10 inches please
Thank you… yes i will take any websites you think will be helpful… I really do appreciate your help

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
N

No problem - I will get them posted tomorrow for you
www.dubiaroaches.com -- all my roaches come from here mainly plus I get hornworms too
www.symtonbsf.com
www.aafeeders.com I have gotten horn worms from them and super worms as well
www.abdragons.com
www.reptilianarts.com silk worms
www.joshsfrogs.com horn worms and butter worms from here
https://flukerfarms.com/crickets-live-feeder-insects/ nice super worms all large only size they carry
http://www.mulberryfarms.com/ expensive on shipping and they moved from CA to LA
Shop around see what you find --

Latest posts