• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bath Water Temp?

Amy Rae

Bearded Dragon Egg
My son's beardie, which I love, doesn't seem to like the bath. He try's his hardest to get out. After the first few baths I put his tree branch in the tub with him and he climbs to the top and doesn't go back in the water. What should the temperature of the water be?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Mine didn't like baths at first either. I did what you did and put some sort of decor in the water so they could climb out of the water if it got too scared and then I would just drip water on them. Eventually they came around and they were okay with just sitting in water. Water should be lukewarm like a babies bath.

Amy Rae

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you. I will give him some time to get used to bathing and see how he does. He was playing in his water bowl yesterday so hopefully he will start liking the bath soon.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my first male HATED bath time! My girl and my current male swim around. She likes to have the water from the faucet run down on her. He likes to stick his head under the water. He also will drink the bath water. They're all different.

Amy Rae

Bearded Dragon Egg
He had a bath today and I think he enjoyed it a little more than last time. I was rubbing under his chin and he sat there with his eyes closed, just relaxing.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My girl was nervous at first about baths and now she likes to walk around in it and sit with her head under the shower sprayer. My boy always hated baths now he tolerates them. During most baths he just sits in one spot while I pour water over him.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine was the same way kind of like a treadmill on the edges :) What I found was I had her on my hand or fingers until she felt comfortable in there...In time she got better and better and it's like a bonding time too... Now Izzy swims around and actually looks like she's playing with water droplets...

Latest posts