• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bath time

Dennis Cronin

Juvenile Dragon
I gotta admit I'm not as diligent about baths as I probably should be. Early morning does seem to work best as suggested by someone here, 101 degrees. Yesterday he just relaxed on his partially submerged log instead of clamoring to get out. But then he drank about half the tub. I keep a small thing of water in his enclosure but don't have any evidence that he uses it.

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
He may not, my beardies don't usually drink the water either, I still offer it in case they want it. From what I've read and watched with mine, they get most their moisture from their food and through their vent while bathing.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
They cnt see still water. Diego will only drink out of his water bowl if i play in it with my fingers n he sees it move. He also drinks out of the bath. :) he loves bath time. Also if it not a bath day then i just drip water off my fingers onto his nose n he licks it off. But he twnds to lick his lips at me if he wants a drink. Also i found if i spray the glass in his viv he will lick it when its running dwn. Figured that 1 out when he was watchin me wash his viv out. Gud job i only use water on the glass hehe. ;)

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
They cnt see still water. Diego will only drink out of his water bowl if i play in it with my fingers n he sees it move. He also drinks out of the bath. :) he loves bath time. Also if it not a bath day then i just drip water off my fingers onto his nose n he licks it off. But he twnds to lick his lips at me if he wants a drink. Also i found if i spray the glass in his viv he will lick it when its running dwn. Figured that 1 out when he was watchin me wash his viv out. Gud job i only use water on the glass hehe. ;)
I hear u on not drinking water unless u make ripples in the water bowl hehe

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Too cute! Nacho started the lip licking thing recently. He'll actually lick me, my shirt, my fingers....he's strange lol...so I filled his medicine dropper with water, and he'll graciously drink it! So cute! We seem to developere our own language with our beardies :)

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Must b a beardie thing. There tounge dnt feel like i expected it too. I thought it wud b wet n warm but its not. Strange Diego always licks wires ? Think he a bit of a weirdo coz he also loves to lie on the extention we got his lights plugged into. ;)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think it's a memory thing, they lick everything to get a "taste" of their surroundings. I think it helps them decide if something is safe or not. Of course licking wires isn't really a safe thing to do (I have a cat that does that too), LOL! Luci licks everything, which makes me clean my house a little more, the other day he had a dust bunny hanging out of his mouth!

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Lmao!! Thats so funny yeh me 2 Diego likes to go under the table his viv is on so i have ti make sire it not dusty under there :p

Latest posts