• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Badly closing mouth and saliva?

DiabloSpyker

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!

I am quite new here, but I was wondering if someone could give me some advice.

So I have a bearded dragon, his name is Lavio and he is about 7 years old. He is bright orange (on a good day) and loves to climb his rocks and enjoys being very active. He tends to eat a lot of crickets (with calcium/vitamines) and poops regularly (i'd say about 2 to 3 a week). He also loves his daily showers.

Since a short time, I have noticed that his mouth is closing very poorly and there is quite a bit of saliva around his mouth (also on the outside of his mouth). I'm cleaning it every day and feeding him some extra vitamins (on recommendation of the vet), but it does not appear to go away (to be fair, i've only recently started feeding him some more vitamins on his crickets)

He is nonetheless still very active and still poops, so basically in that regard nothing has changed. I've checked for the symptons of mouth rot, but he does not appear to have them (as there is no blood and as far I as I can see nothing is detaching in his mouth). Please have a look at some picture below.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be and if there is something I can do about it? Due to his activeness I believe he is not in pain or anything, but nonetheless I would like him to be health ofcourse.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Yvo

IMAG1144.jpg
IMAG1143.jpg
IMAG1142.jpg

DiabloSpyker

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for your quick help!

He just went to bed so it'll be first thing tomorrow when he wakes up. What exactly is ER?
Thank you!

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
This may be mouth rot. The swollen eyes and saliva are two main signs. Check inside his mouth to see if any food is stuck in there, gently wipe it out with a cotton swab or ball. Consider also contacting your vet.

Latest posts