• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bad smell in tank after passing stool. Help?

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
So yesterday my beardie passed a huge stool with an undigested wax worm. After doing some research, I learned that she eats to fast and I need to slow her down. I cleaned the tank and carpet. The tank smelled awful, like rotten food style. Nero seemed fine after passing the stool. I sprayed some lemon air freshener in her tank and let it sit for about 10 minutes, then I set everything back up and let Nero back into her tank. I came in to check on her later, the smell was back. Turns out she passed a new tiny stool after cleaning. But why does it smell so bad?

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Also I know, poop is supposed to smell bad, but it had never been like that, and I wanted to make sure she was ok.

Latest posts