• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

back in the wonderful world of beardies

bubbajay

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everybody my name is tabbi, i have been searching for this site for days i was on here a few years ago when i had my very much beloved beardie Bubba. I no longer have Bubba or know where he is howwever im sure he has passed since i was forced to keep him in the care of my ex who was not very caring. Anyway im back and i have a new little guy BubbaJay. I had been iching to get a new beardie and i finally decided that there is no better time than now so he came home with me on sunday. I am new to raising a baby beardie so any advice about that would be helpful.
I will post pics as soon as i search around on how to no need to explain ill figure it out. Cant wait to start hearing about all your beardies

I did have one question how long will it take to gain his trust he run at the site of my handi know it will take some time but again my other beardie was well into adulthood and love attention by the time i got him so im new to babies

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2e.jpg

Patience is the key. When you bring a new BD home, there is generally an acclimation period that can last a week to 10+ days. During this time you should handle your BD as little as possible, for maintenance & feeding only. This will enable as stress free a transition as possible, allow it to get used to it's new surroundings, it's new people & associate you as it's food source not as a threat or predator.

A few good links to help get you started ...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

Posting some pics of it's new home, showing the lighting placement, what you are using for thermometers, etc, would be very helpful in making the members understand the situation & be able to offer relevant advice. Info such as your basking & cool side temps, what type of thermometers that you are using, exactly where you are measuring your temps, what type, brand & strength of UVB you are using, substrate & anything else you can think of ... would also be helpful. The more info given, the better help received ;).

Good Luck - BubbaJay is a cutie :)

Latest posts