• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Spinach

thatGuysCool

Hatchling Dragon
Well this morning I learned that Spyro really really likes baby spinach. I was out of turnip greens so I decided to grab a leaf of baby spinach and see what Spryo would do with it. I held it in front of him and he went to town on it. I cut a few more leaves up, put it in his food dish and slid it to the cool side of the tank. Now Spyro usually waits till mid day to eat his greens, but he hopped off of his basking rock and went right to them this time. :)

thatGuysCool

Hatchling Dragon
I was reading that it is OK once in a while. I'll be picking up some more greens later today just thought it would hold him over for the day. Please if any mods read this correct me if I'm wrong.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
When I was a kid I used to have...okay let's be honest I still have a huge sweet tooth...Lol...problem is those sweets turns out not to be a healthy thing for me to be gobblin':eek:
Spinach although your dragon may love it is not a good choice because they are high in oxalates which inhibits calcium absorption. Not a good thing for critters that need their calcium. It should therefore not be fed to your dragon:)
Enjoy!

Latest posts