• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby finally ate some collard greens!

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Sorry to repeat this topic, as others have said the same thing, but as everyone who has been following my posts knows, my beardie has refused greens since he was a baby and I got that meal worm bowl from the internet and I put some collard greens in with a meal worm and at first he would only eat the meal worm and ignore the greens, but now he eats the greens! YAY!!!! I never thought THIS day would ever come!!! And he has a TON of energy today!! He was running all around his tank this morning, it was hilarious! I should have recorded it, but I didn't even think too! I am so happy Baby is doing so much better in all areas, I am so thankful!!!!!!!!! And guess what, I don't worry AS much! LOL...;)

Pat B

Super Moderator
WooHoo! Go baby!! I have the same problem with green eating. One of these days little Spike is going to understand that greens are good for him. I wonder when that day will be??

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
I hear ya Pat, Dino has yet to touch any greens and his breeder promised he would be eating greens when he reached me and I have been offering them to him from day one he arrived here and he still ignores them.

Glad your baby is eating some Beardiebaby :)

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
I unintentionally found a way for Reggie to eat her greens. My wife and I were window shopping at Petsmart (you don't have to say it, I KNOW :)). Wax worms were on sale for like $3 so I picked up a little tub of like 25 worms. They come in these little wood shavings so I pulled a few out and rinsed them off to make sure there weren't any contaminants on them that would hurt her. Instead of just throwing them in there I mixed them in with some greens in her dish.

They are so sticky when they are wet (apologies to Bon Jovi) that when she ate one she would pick up some greens with it and just eat the two together. After a few weeks of this (using them only as treats, mind you), I have found that she eats her greens now. I guess she's learned to have an interest in them.

Now I feed her crickets in the morning, put in a dish of greens, and then when I come home to give her more crickets the greens are pretty much gone. I just wanted to pass this bit of experience on, because I think it played a small part in introducing greens into her diet. :D

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Augie; I used this method on my new 'Marcede's' at first she used her little foot and moved the salad and just ate the worms-now she eats all salad and worms when it's her treat day.They are very smart when it comes to eating. And when it's feeding time if she wants food before time she comes down from her hammock and looks all over for me as if to say ok, i'm ready now.Feed Me- Bella-aka-river-7

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! They really love their bugs! Allie loves her greens, but collards and mustards aren't her favorites. So whenever she gets tired of turnip greens, I buy the ones she doesn't like. Oh, she'll eat them, but after awhile, she'll stop eating them until I get her favorite.

She wasn't eating much of greens (She decided to make a mess of them by scattering all over her dish to make them look eaten.) so I decided this morning, I'd give her some banana on her greens. She ate most of her greens and went poop this morning next to her greens. I took her out and saw something between her head and ring. I thought, "Urates?" Well, no it was a sticky banana. Well I guess she enjoyed her breakfast enough to wear her bananas. LOL. :p

Latest posts