• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BABY BEARDED DRAGON NOT MOVING!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That is awful, I'm not naive, I'm aware of experiments done to animals, but crap that's a flippin fudged up experiment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

I know it was pretty hard to look at the pictures.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah he has water in a dish in his tank. He also has two bulbs one purple blue one that he puts on in the night and one bright yellow one for the morining. I'm gonna be honest I don't know the names of the bulbs becuase the reptile isn't mine. He gets crickets from petco and he gets the small ones. Also I asked him if he fed him greens and he said that the little guy won't eat them so is there anyway we can get him to eat them?

He looks very dehydrated. He probably won't drink from a water dish - mine doesn't. In addition to uvb and correct temps \ lighting, getting some water in him is priority.

If he only eats crickets that's going to be tough - you can try dripping some water on his nose and seeing if he will drink. Or lightly must him or a patch of his enclosure wall and see if he will lick it up. Slurries and forced feeding \ hydration is another option, but I've never done that personally so I'll let others chime in if they think it's necessary.

If you can get him to eat worms or greens, spray them with water to the point they are sitting in a shallow layer of water and see if he will eat them. Hornworms and Dubia are also great for hydration, no additional water needed. Just make sure you get small ones.

My baby gets a little dehydrated from time to time - he refuses to drink water in any form, so I heavily must his morning meal. Since I switched to Dubai it hasn't really been an issue. They don't need a ton of water, but I think they need more than just what crickets provide through consumption. Especially if he is already dehydrated

Thank you so much for taking him in, I can't bear to see any animal mistreated. If someone neglects a dog or cat like this they are considered a monster, but all too often reptiles are treated as disposable pets. Makes me crazy!

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
How's your little guy doing? We all really care, will you plz post some pics or give us an update ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk