• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone have a magical mix for the veggies?

coldbloodedkiddies

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey all! I am a new mama to 2 beautiful little babies and I'm just trying to figure out the mix for their veggies to ensure I am feeding them the right mix. Anyone have a mix that seems to be fantastic?

Here's some pics of the little ones.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417411165.214972.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417411186.931366.jpg

P.s. Need some name suggestions for my little girl. The boy is named Simon. I'm thinking Sydney for the girl. Thoughts?

stumpylump86

Bearded Dragon Egg
They are gorgeous :) I have cousins named Simon and Harriet (Hattie for short), so I always associate those names going together! Little dragons can be buggers for leaving their greens. Mine likes spinach and kale (in moderation as there is something in they shouldn't have often), carrot peel and salad leaves. Although some days she just refuses to eat anything other than her creepy crawlies! I always give the veg a mist with water as it just helps with keeping Kim hydrated. Each one is different so it's best just to play about and find out what works best x

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
There is no magical mix with these guys. They are such picky eaters that what they like today they might not like tomorrow. When Dexter was smaller and actually ate her salad it was a color thing. She would only eat things that were green one week, red the next etc. Once I bought dandelion greens with red veins in them and she refused to eat them but would eat the leaves with green veins! Now I can't get her to touch her salad without tricking her. Luci on the other hand has never been too picky about his salad. His favorite is mustard greens so I build off that. Go to the web site www.beautifuldragons.com and look up the nutritional chart.There are lots of good options there.

Stumpy is right though, a lot of times the little ones don't want anything to do with salad. That's fine because they need more protein at this age. You should still always offer something to them.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Because they are so small, you should chop up their vegetables a bit smaller so it's easier to eat and they don't choke.

stinax182

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I don't think those little ones could eat all that food if they tried! Maybe cut back so you don't have to throw so much away? That's where I'm at now, my dragon will eat a couple mouthfuls randomly during the day so i offer a little more than that. When i see he's eaten it all, i give more.

Latest posts