• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Allie Fell

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yay Allie! I think it's so funny to watch them work things out. I see it with Luci when he is plotting his escape from my lap and he does all the head turns and works it out and then jumps. My cat does the same thing. I always say how do they know how to do that? Where did they learn it? My boyfriend made me watch this show tonight called "My Life as a Turkey", this man raised turkeys from eggs and he became one with them and he'd watch them do all these new things and he was like "how did they know how to do that? I didn't teach them that?" at the end of the show he got attacked by one of the male turkeys but it was just interesting to see these captive raised animals instinctively know how to do stuff without being taught!

Sorry for the ramble, I've just been amazed by nature today LOL!

Oh and it wouldn't surprise me if Allie was doing the whole woe is me thing! Dexter did that all afternoon, I came home and her hammock disconnected from the suction cup again. I found her on the floor sitting with her head resting on a rock looking all injured. I took her out and put her on the floor and she ran all around the house! Needless to say I took the hammock down and reinforced it with some plastic jewelry thread, it can't come off the suction cup now!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh and it wouldn't surprise me if Allie was doing the whole woe is me thing! Dexter did that all afternoon, I came home and her hammock disconnected from the suction cup again. I found her on the floor sitting with her head resting on a rock looking all injured. I took her out and put her on the floor and she ran all around the house! Needless to say I took the hammock down and reinforced it with some plastic jewelry thread, it can't come off the suction cup now!

She's done that before when she was well. But now, she gets slack and heavy when she's out. It's like. "Oh Mommy! Hold me! I really need your TLC and feeding. Oooh. What's this? No! I don't want my greens! I want the pureed food mix vegetables." Yep, she's spoiled a bit or should I say a lot. She's coming to right herself when she gets into a sticky small situation.

I'm so relieved that she's coming through that I took a nap.

She's got these two yellow gums that look like baby food. I've started her on probiotics and giving her green pepper, lima bean, some corn (I know, she doesn't eat a lot of corn, but in this case, it's an exception, providing some carbs,) and adding green beans to the mix. And mixing the green veg to some turkey and turkey broth baby food.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This morning, she woke up on her own and tried to scale the pillow in front of her and was standing up against the glass. She didn't have any poops today because she hasn't been eating solids. She tried to go but couldn't. She may be constipated or worse. I will try giving her some solid greens with water and babyfood.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Solid and half babyfood a success. She wanted me to feed her. It seems every time I give her her dish, she runs to me. So I handfed her with a baby food spoon and solids mixed with babyfood turkey and turkey broth and green bean, lima bean, pepper mix, with some water. She had a soft BM but that's because of the baby food. mixtures.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Question @PatsyB : I noticed that yesterday, she started to drool saliva. I wiped it off thinking she had too much water and was trying to swallow and digest.

This morning, I saw a patch of saliva with bubbles. She hasn't drooled before and I'm thinking: Is it CSF. Cerebral Spinal Fluid or is it just thick saliva from eating baby food. Nothing in her throat, no mucous, clear glottis, and no wheezing or coughing.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Question @PatsyB : I noticed that yesterday, she started to drool saliva. I wiped it off thinking she had too much water and was trying to swallow and digest.

This morning, I saw a patch of saliva with bubbles. She hasn't drooled before and I'm thinking: Is it CSF. Cerebral Spinal Fluid or is it just thick saliva from eating baby food. Nothing in her throat, no mucous, clear glottis, and no wheezing or coughing.

I don't know, leaking spinal fluid seems kinda extreme. I'd be more inclined to think it was from the liquidy food she's getting and the baths.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok. I was thinking the same thing with the liquidy food and water from her baths. She had an incident in her tank where she rolled over on her back and didn't right herself. That's what I'm kind of assuming that happened. It's all padded so thank goodness she didn't fall from a perch.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm at work and did a quick search. Most people say this happens after inhaling too much liquid. I know Dexter's done that after she sticks her head in her bath water. Just keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't catch another URI.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok. Have a great day at work. Thanks. I'll make sure she doesn't get one. She's napping now.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Its one thing after another with her at the min the poor little love. Sounds like u really care its a gud job she in gud hands. And im not bein funny vut so wot if ur beardies spoilt isnt that wot pets r for I c Diego as my bany and my 2 kids r spoilt so y not spoil our pet. He loves bein hand fed his live prey, he eats his greens out the dish and he licks the water off his nose for a drink. So id say if u have the time then y not spoil her :) really glad she doin well x

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Ok. Have a great day at work. Thanks. I'll make sure she doesn't get one. She's napping now.

Thanks, it's been real slow at work the past few weeks so I've had some downtime to search the web!

Its one thing after another with her at the min the poor little love. Sounds like u really care its a gud job she in gud hands. And im not bein funny vut so wot if ur beardies spoilt isnt that wot pets r for I c Diego as my bany and my 2 kids r spoilt so y not spoil our pet. He loves bein hand fed his live prey, he eats his greens out the dish and he licks the water off his nose for a drink. So id say if u have the time then y not spoil her :) really glad she doin well x

I am all for spoiling pets! You're right that is what they are for :) I don't have kids so my pets are spoiled WAY too much!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow, massive props to you for being such a good lizard mom! Prayers for your Allie

Thank you. She's finally feeling good enough to sleep on me. Just don't try to move around and walk around, doing things. She starts shifting uncomfortably and moving her back leg.

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
I'm at work and did a quick search. Most people say this happens after inhaling too much liquid. I know Dexter's done that after she sticks her head in her bath water. Just keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't catch another URI.
My female stump does that when she is in the bath she puts her head under the water all her legs tucked in as if she practicing for olympics then she breaths heavy when she stops then she fine again milo doesnt put his head under the water atall he's too cool for swimming :p

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie's head's above the water. She doesn't really put her head into the water, but I've been putting water on her head so that could be where she's getting the drool from.

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
Allie's head's above the water. She doesn't really put her head into the water, but I've been putting water on her head so that could be where she's getting the drool from.
Ive never come across drool or saliva but i will keep an eye out for that.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395280121.098353.jpg
stumps likes to have a chill on the ledge before she goes in :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie has to have water therapy every morning because it helps her out and today, she didn't need the second round of therapy. I love to watch Allie play and swim in the water, but she hasn't really done any of that since her fall. I'm hopeful she'll come through it. It takes them time to get better. She's already showing signs of greater improvement.

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
Allie has to have water therapy every morning because it helps her out and today, she didn't need the second round of therapy. I love to watch Allie play and swim in the water, but she hasn't really done any of that since her fall. I'm hopeful she'll come through it. It takes them time to get better. She's already showing signs of greater improvement.
If she is alot more active now than she was than is great improvement you are doing all the right things :) .. What is she like in the water the last few days?

Latest posts