• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice needed

Spikey baby

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 5 year old bearded dragon has stopped eating his locusts could anyone shed any light on this ? He seems happy enough had a swim in bath the other day and had a roam around my house as normal just his eating habits have changed he was eating his mario worms but seems to have stopped them aswel

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How often are you feeding him. At 5 they don't need to eat bugs every day maybe just a few times a week. My 2 1/2 year sometimes goes for a few days without eating anything. Just make sure you are offering him salads.

What are the temps in his cage and what kind of UVB are you using and when was the last time you changed it?

Spikey baby

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just replaced bulb and I put salads in daily but he not interested in them but maybe ive over fed him I normally put 4 xl locust in a day and as a treat 6 mario a week

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yeah you may be giving him too much and he's just not hungry. My older one will sometimes eat one large super worm and then not want anything more then a few days later she'll eat a few more or a hornworm. My boy is almost 2 and he binge eats his bugs. He will eat a bunch one day and then nothing for a few days then binge again. He does eat his salads every day though.

One thing I learned is they won't let themselves go hungry. If they don't want to eat I try not to stress too much over it because eventually they will eat something.

Spikey baby

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah you may be giving him too much and he's just not hungry. My older one will sometimes eat one large super worm and then not want anything more then a few days later she'll eat a few more or a hornworm. My boy is almost 2 and he binge eats his bugs. He will eat a bunch one day and then nothing for a few days then binge again. He does eat his salads every day though.

One thing I learned is they won't let themselves go hungry. If they don't want to eat I try not to stress too much over it because eventually they will eat something.
Thanks for that advive

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It always amazes me when people say they have older beardies. I still can't believe that my oldest one is going to be 3 in a few months!

Spikey baby

Bearded Dragon Egg
That's awesome can't wait till mine gets that big!
uploadfromtaptalk1441789716850.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How long has he had that spot on his left side? Looks like a scar.

Latest posts