• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice needed please :)

Gayna wilson

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and would love to pick your brains, if that's ok :) I have a 9 month old female beardie, I've had her since she was 2 months old and we love her loads. She's very social, likes to be out runnin around the room and she has adventures in the garden, I have a bearded dragon leash for that, she doesn't mind bein on the leash, she just enjoys her time outside, anyway for a few weeks now she has been digging and hiding, I took her to the exotic pet shop with me to get her food and the lads who own the shop had a look at her for me and they don't think she's carrying eggs. She's eating less than usual but show her a locust and she'd dance a jig for one. Lol. She's pooping ok, just seems to be sleeping a lot. I'd hate to think she's in pain or is suffering in any way, has anyone got any advice on what then problem could be (if there is one) she's 17 inches long, she's in a 4th viv with plenty of room. Her baskin temp is approx 95 - 100 degrees but she spends most of her time on her cool side. any advice would be greatly appreciated. She's my first bearded dragon but I love her loads, she's part of our family now. Thank you for your attention.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
keep track of her weight but she is probably wanting to brumate

Gayna wilson

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
She is a good weight, a good size for her age, just notmkeen on thenidea that she could have been ill. Thanks for the advice and thanks for the welcome, very kind, thank you, it's great to be a part of this :) xx

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome 2 the BD Forum! Definitely keep monitoring her but like Bill said, it sounds like she wants 2 brumate.

alivia werner

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
she could want to lay infertiles which you usually cant see of feel if she continues digging around giver her a place to lay gettin close to that age

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
good advice everyone. could be any one of those things. i have a few dragons that do the same thing in summer months. they dig because they are trying to hide. they come out in the morning to bask, eat and poop then back to hiding they go. they are just retarded like that sometimes. usually after a few weeks they switch up. just continue a regular feeding and bathing schedule and monitor weight also. anyone here will tell you that i am a big vet nerd so if your dragon hasnt been yet, then have him checked but i dont think you are in any danger. just my two cents worth

Gayna wilson

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks everyone for your attention and advice. @ flyhigh, i renewed both her uv and basking bulbs last month just incase it was that as i am aware that the uv especially can loose its effectivness over time so i did renew both about a month ago. @ alivia werner, i can't feel any eggs as of yet, and she hasn't gained any weight. she seems to be having approx 3 - 4 days hiding, then 1 day were she just wants to be out of her viv. @ Richard, i think i will get her checked at the vets just to be sure, the thought of her being in any discomfort is horrible. Thanks again guys for your attention, i'm so glad i found you. Thank you. best wishes, Gayna xx xx
P.S. thanks for the welcome Jeff0 xx xx

Latest posts