• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice for sick bearded dragon?

nubs06

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon Nubs who's around 3 years old was sick back in December and went to the emergency reptile vet in my area they gave him 3 different medications and it was very expensive he was doing much better and was regularly eating and pooping but this week he began declining again, he has sunken eyes a dark tail tip and no appetite. He seems to get worse when he uses the bathroom and constantly has a black beard. The emergency vet visit drained my funds for the time being does anyone have any ideas on what this could be and how to make him more comfortable I think it has something to do with his stomach but he was treated for parasites in December so I don't know what else it could be

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon Nubs who's around 3 years old was sick back in December and went to the emergency reptile vet in my area they gave him 3 different medications and it was very expensive he was doing much better and was regularly eating and pooping but this week he began declining again, he has sunken eyes a dark tail tip and no appetite. He seems to get worse when he uses the bathroom and constantly has a black beard. The emergency vet visit drained my funds for the time being does anyone have any ideas on what this could be and how to make him more comfortable I think it has something to do with his stomach but he was treated for parasites in December so I don't know what else it could be
Did we go over the surface basking temps and your UVB? Constant black beard is hes in pain or in distress or both --- please post a pic of the tank and his lighting -- how old is the UVB? I can get our vet tech to advise here as well but we need the info I asked about-
@Drache613

nubs06

Bearded Dragon Egg
Did we go over the surface basking temps and your UVB? Constant black beard is hes in pain or in distress or both --- please post a pic of the tank and his lighting -- how old is the UVB? I can get our vet tech to advise here as well but we need the info I asked about-
@Drache613
At his peak basking point it's 105 his uvb is 5 months old he doesn't have stress marks so I don't think he's distressed but is in pain

Attachments

• 17089105822994341457070663964182.jpg
    17089105822994341457070663964182.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
At his peak basking point it's 105 his uvb is 5 months old he doesn't have stress marks so I don't think he's distressed but is in pain
Please get the UVB in the tank or unobstructed it needs to be directly over a piece of basking decor 12-15 inches -- from the pic it looks like its on top of the screen - I see no temp gauges you need two digital probe thermometers in the tank - one for the cool side and one for the basking side - those are the most accurate for temps IR guns are good but cannot read off of certain materials especially hammocks -- we need to start there getting the tank on par w/ the lighting etc ---

Latest posts