• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adopted a Dragon

Nobody

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I just adopted this gal (I think) from a family off Facebook. She came with enclosure 20g (to small), lights, etc…
I’m here to learn and and my first step is going to be upgrading the enclosure, lights, etc.
Can anyone tell me what color pattern this would be? Also from what besides crickets and meal worms I got some cilantro and a bag of mixed vegetables. From what I have read this should be safe to feed but wanted to verify before feeding. I’ll include pic below. Thanks for having me.

IMG_1243.jpeg
IMG_1244.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, I just adopted this gal (I think) from a family off Facebook. She came with enclosure 20g (to small), lights, etc…
I’m here to learn and and my first step is going to be upgrading the enclosure, lights, etc.
Can anyone tell me what color pattern this would be? Also from what besides crickets and meal worms I got some cilantro and a bag of mixed vegetables. From what I have read this should be safe to feed but wanted to verify before feeding. I’ll include pic below. Thanks for having me.

View attachment 34792View attachment 34793
The carrots and kale are good - no brussel sprouts or cabbage or broccoli - I will post a nutrition website
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ ignore the kale info it is outdated and is a great staple feeder
What kind of UVB are you using now? NO coils when up grading the lighting specifically the UVB you need a 24" fixture like a Zoo Med w / the Reptisun 10.0 bulb - or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb 24 watt or a Sunblaster Nano Tech 24" or 2ft w/ the Reptisun 10.0 bulb ---- these are the best on the market as of now- you will need 2 digital probe thermometers and a digital probe hygrometer Exo Terra makes them - NO sand for substrate - you can use a mat that Zen Habitats makes https://www.zenhabitats.com/collections/enclosures-accessories or textured NON adhesive shelf liner nothing w/ grooves in it makes it too hard to clean the poop out -- any links you need please ask -

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
Repashy beardie buffet also works in a pinch, I've found not every beardie cares for it though. For feeders, I try to use dubia as my staple, and bring in black soldier fly larva sometimes. Super worms and hornworms get used at treats, especially coming out of brumation. I avoid crickets personally; they smell, make noise, and can bite. The hatchlings really like flightless fruit flies too.

As for color/morph, cant really see any present morphs...might by hypo (hypomelanistic) but from the 1 pic I'd say standard dragon.

Nobody

Bearded Dragon Egg
Repashy beardie buffet also works in a pinch, I've found not every beardie cares for it though. For feeders, I try to use dubia as my staple, and bring in black soldier fly larva sometimes. Super worms and hornworms get used at treats, especially coming out of brumation. I avoid crickets personally; they smell, make noise, and can bite. The hatchlings really like flightless fruit flies too.

As for color/morph, cant really see any present morphs...might by hypo (hypomelanotic) but from the 1 pic I'd say standard dragon.
Thanks

Nobody

Bearded Dragon Egg
The carrots and kale are good - no brussel sprouts or cabbage or broccoli - I will post a nutrition website
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ ignore the kale info it is outdated and is a great staple feeder
What kind of UVB are you using now? NO coils when up grading the lighting specifically the UVB you need a 24" fixture like a Zoo Med w / the Reptisun 10.0 bulb - or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb 24 watt or a Sunblaster Nano Tech 24" or 2ft w/ the Reptisun 10.0 bulb ---- these are the best on the market as of now- you will need 2 digital probe thermometers and a digital probe hygrometer Exo Terra makes them - NO sand for substrate - you can use a mat that Zen Habitats makes https://www.zenhabitats.com/collections/enclosures-accessories or textured NON adhesive shelf liner nothing w/ grooves in it makes it too hard to clean the poop out -- any links you need please ask -
Thanks

Latest posts