• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A toddler & his beardie <3

Amber & Sunny

Hatchling Dragon
This is Sunny, he's almost 8 months old and is 18" long. Not sure on the weight, though he's quite the little porker lol. It's so amazing to see this little guy grow before my eyes, I've had him since he was just 4" long and spike-less.
He loves posing for the camera and playing with his little human, Owen. So happy for the warm weather that's been coming to Chicagoland!! Owen and I will be building Sunny an outdoor "courtyard" so he can roam the yard with us! Happy Friday beardie-lovers!

sunny (1 of 1).jpg

owen (1 of 1)-3.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He's a big boy, those are great pictures!

I'm in Chicago too! I'm hoping it doesn't rain here today like they keep saying, I want to take Dexter outside for a bit. Yesterday was perfect but I had to work :(

Amber & Sunny

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks Patsy! Yes, yesterday was perfect beardie weather, though Sunny is not too fond of the outdoors lol! We live in the west burbs on a large 2 acre lot with tons of trees, flowers, gardens ect, I thought Sunny would go bananas! Especially since it was his first time out, nope. He rarely ever turns dark or puffs, he's a very jolly fellow, but outside he went BLACK. He was not happy! He took a big chomp out of my strawberry plant and then retreated to my lap. We went back in and he claimed his usual spot on the couch then turned his buttery yellow self again. Is it just an adjustment, or do some bear dies just prefer the indoors?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They will get dark outside when they are soaking up the natural sunlight. My boy Luci loves looking out the open window and he will put his head back and close his eyes and look real relaxed but he will be completely dark brown. He likes looking out the window but doesn't really like being outside. We are actually in the city so I think the noise is too much for him sometimes.

Amber & Sunny

Hatchling Dragon
I knew they did that to soak up warmth and light but he looked a little freak out lol. We spend so much of our time outdoors though so I'm hoping the "try, try again" approach will work so he can join in on the fun. Ya, the city can be a bit much even for humans sometimes lol, I understand Luci's discomfort haha. I work from time to time photographing in the city for foodie places and just parking the car gives my anxiety!

Latest posts