• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A question about Traveling and Temperature

markorussell

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello all

I wanted to ask regarding taking my bearded on small day trips ( usually a coffee house trip or quick trip out etc.)

What is TOO cold temperature outside for them ?
Are there Travel cases that keep them warmer in different weather conditions?

I live in the Palm Springs area, so its usually very warm during the day MOST of the year, but I don't want to put her in harms way with the weather conditions being to cold.

Thanks for the reply and your suggestions.

Marko and Beardie.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I do appreciate your desire to want to share your beautiful lizard with the world Marko. However, it's really not the best idea, especially with places that serve food of any kind. They each have their own personalities, so it's not always easy to predict when one might get scared and jump off your shoulder, which could hurt either the dragon, or others. Best to let them have some outside time in a controlled smaller area like your yard or deck. As for your question about temps, I wouldn't recommend taking them out of their enclosure for much time if the temperature outside was lower than 80 F.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
No problem man, and I hope I wasnt too discouraging about taking them out of their enclosures. A lot of them do like coming out for some stimulation, so I didnt want to make it seem like I was discouraging that at all. And sunlight is a great thing to give them exposure to when you can do so safely.

Latest posts