• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

80 days and eggs still haven't hatched

kirrichick

Hatchling Dragon
hi everyone, need some advice on my beadie eggs. they have been in an incubator set at 29 degree for the last 80 days and still have not hatched. i have candled them today to make sure they are still alive, there is plenty of movement inside all the eggs, just wondering if anyone else has had the same outcome as me with the eggs going past 80 days. the eggs haven't yet sweated of deflated. my guess is i just gotta be patient but id love to know if anyone has any advice for me cheers :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Time heals all ;). They will hatch when they are ready. While they generally hatch much sooner, mine hatched on day 57, but I kept mine warmer (30C - 86F), my Homemade incubator was phenomenal at keeping unwavering temps & humidity. I have read about a number of instances that take longer, as much as into the 90s. There is no way to rush them now, just have to
6a01348745e23f970c0147e2e87911970b-200pi.gif
until they are ready to enter this world :D .

kirrichick

Hatchling Dragon
thanx germ, i just wanted to know if anyone else had the same experiences as i am. i can't wait to meet them and greet them into the world. i have 3 different clutches going atm, my bearded dragon spyro has been popping out eggs every 3 -4 weeks recently. its been 4 weeks since her last clutch and shes looking fat again, so i guess ill wait n c what happens, shes a machine i tell ya. ive got 45 fertile eggs at the moment :) anyways thanx again.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Popping them out that often is real hard on her, no opportunity to build up her calcium stores & get her weight back up, between clutches. Are you housing her with the male, allowing them access to each other, or is this all multiple clutching from the one coupling?

What are you going to do with all the little ones, do you have sales set up for them?

kirrichick

Hatchling Dragon
its from just one breeding. n he was only with her for 3 days and that was back in may. i have all my beardies separate from one another. ive been giving her extra vitamins and calcium to help her with what shes losing plus a range of greens and insects. plus i take her outside to get natural sunlight. i cant stop her from laying either.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No there is no way to stop that, but you don't have to incubate all the eggs ...

Periodically they will multiple clutch many times, I think I read that Robin Moniz said the the record was 9 or something crazy like that. I got Lucky that Sandy only laid the one fertile Clutch, I would have froze the eggs had she laid anymore fertile ones. I just about froze the one's that I have now. I have never allowed my Dragons to breed, mine was an accidental coupling while I had someone Critter Sitting & they weren't quite a vigilant as I am ;).

I only incubated mine because I wanted to have the experience & to see if the makeshift incubator that I threw together in a half hour, out of things I had laying about the house, would do the job ... And it did a fantastic one. Didn't have any of the issues that I have read about with the commercial ones. Also the fact that I have an abundance of feeders to go around, was a definite contributing factor in the decision, otherwise I would not have incubated

But I definitely have no regrets, would not give up the 6 that I am keeping for the world, now. Especially after rehoming all of my adults, which also was a very difficult decision. Found it very difficult to give up the six hatchlings that I have sold, have yet to deliver the 7th & that again will be hard to do. Am doing that at the end of the month, as the new owner is a approximately 300 KMs away. He's a friend & we are going down for his wife's Birthday Bash & deliver in the same trip. He just sent me pics of the 100 Gallon enclosure that he has purchased for him :D.

kirrichick

Hatchling Dragon
it doesn't bother me that ive got 45 eggs that are fertile, i have a lot of space for them plus money isn't an issue to feed them all. she laid 26 in her first clutch n only ended up having 6 eggs survive n be fertile. the next clutch was a clutch of 22 but only 14 of them were fertile. the third clutch was a clutch of 25 and all are fertile and look the best out of all the clutches she has laid. i dont know if she has anymore inside her at this point. shes put weight on but i cant see any bumps as of yet, its been 4 weeks since the last clutch was laid. im pretty sure she has finished. the percentage of the babies if they do hatch already have homes :) so im not to fussed either way. the info ive collected from other breeders and off forums has helped me with everything i need, the only thing i wanted help with was the time at which the babies are supposed to hatch. so many sites say so many different things, so im just gonna play the waiting game and see how i go :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Be sure to let us know when they hatch, then keep us updated with Pics please. We Love pics of Young'uns :D

kirrichick

Hatchling Dragon
oh for sure, this will be one of the first places i put them on. shes just a normal coloured beardie, she doesnt have any crazy colours on her so im sure shes an original bearded dragon. the father is dark when he first wakes up but then goes a more sandy colour as he warms up. so i have kno idea of what colours the hatchlings are gonna be, but i just hope they are all happy n healthy when they arrive :) they are 82 days today in their eggs still. they are all still moving but ive notices a few look like they have pretty much filled the egg up completely so id say they will be out any day now :) cant wait but they say good things come to those who wait so thats exactly what im gonna do. JUST WAIT LOL

Latest posts