• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

75 gallon build

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Congrats! Just remember babies do need a little more work than a 10 year old and are going to be more active. It's real fun though watching them develop their personality.

Make sure you post pictures once you get him!

Ryan15236

Hatchling Dragon
My fresh air zilla screen top came in today and works great. However, my dang repti sun 10.0 48inch came in broke. So it could be a week or two before I get UVB over this tank and I am furious! My beardies need uvb so Im not sure what I am going to do at the moment. Maybe use the fixture I have and split the time with it and take them outside too not really sure. What an inconvenience! Especially with the new juvenile coming in tomorrow! Oh and I just blew a basking bulb....

Fiona

Hatchling Dragon
ryan putting your pets first in your life is a sign you will be good parents...so keep it up!!

we took Fiona to the vet and they trimmed her toenails. we are pretty sure she is older also.

when we put her in her bigger tank this week we also moved her out into the livingroom and it is cooler out here. so I had to make some changes so she could get up to her light. but I am thinking she don't like her changes as she is digging and staying on the bottom. she used to have wood with bark to climb on but she stayed under it more then on it so I replaced it with a big rock with other rocks around to to climb up on.

I will try to post some pics later and see what you guys think I need to do to make it better

Ryan15236

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks a bunch!
I got some more basking bulbs and ordered a 18 inch repti sun 10.0 for the 40 gallon. Little dude will be here in the morning and I have his enclosure ready. Keeping it simple for him in the meantime. Here is a pic of his enclosure minus the basking bulb which I hadn't replaced when I took the pic

Ryan15236

Hatchling Dragon
Also got my screen top for the 75 gallon. I love it. If only it was hinged so I didn't have to take it off everytime I needed in there

Also Gomez got up the basking log by himself today. Woo!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
WTG Gomez!

I would put the UVB either in front of or behind the basking bulb on the same side of the tank. Also, the mesh screen blocks out a lot of the UVB so you want the little guy to get at least 6" from the UVB to get the benefits. I would put some hammocks or magnetic ledges that put him up closer to it. It's not wrong to set things on the screen, everyone has their preferences. I actually like to put things on my screen. We just need to come up with creative ideas to get things to work ;)

Ryan15236

Hatchling Dragon
Awesome sounds good and I actually have a reptile hammock coming in today I'm going to put in for the little guy

Ryan15236

Hatchling Dragon
Well the new beardie is in and man is he tiny! The smallest crickets the pet store has are borderline to big. However he is doing well. Kinda stressed out but not to bad. Little skittish but that's understabdable

Ryan15236

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks! He hasn't ate anything today yet. He seems very skiddish. Noticed some arm waving and some glass surfing. He is pooing fine and ate yesterday but hasn't went after a cricket yet today, I need to get some greens in their too

Ryan15236

Hatchling Dragon
Update on my Beardies. Gomez is in the 75 gallon still doing fine. Got him some collard and mustard greens and he munched down on that. His UVB has been ordered again and is supposed to be here Saturday. Little beardie whom my girlfriend named Dempsey is doing alright. Still a pretty stressed little dude. Looks like some of the greens I put in his tank were ate while I was at work and he is pooing 1-2 times a day. So I assume he is doing fine. His reptile hammock and new reptisun 10.0 came in as well. I am going to give him baths probably daily because I don't like misting his tank because the paper towels get wet and increase the humidity and I need the time to catch the crickets out of his tank. I actually have a 20 gallon long I can move him too if you guys think that would be better.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Daily baths are kinda overkill. I would bathe at least once a week or 2 times a week. In the bath you can drip water on his nose and see if he wants to drink but don't worry if he doesn't. They get hydration from the food they eat and if he's eating at least some greens he'll be fine.

Ryan15236

Hatchling Dragon
Alright I was just trying to keep him hydrated without increasing the humidity but I should be able to drop some water on his nose no problem. I am not sure if he has been eating any of the greens or not. I haven't been able to observe him a lot. He is eating crickets like every other day though. I wish he would start eating more consistently. Still seems kinda stressed out. This will be day 5 with him.

Ryan15236

Hatchling Dragon
All is well right now in the bearded dragon world. The baby is doing great now that I put the sketch paper up on 3 sides of the tank. He has stopped glass surfing and is actually using he tank the way I want him too. I have seen him climbing all over everything and getting up on his hammock. Calmed him down completely and he is eating a lot better now too

Ryan15236

Hatchling Dragon
I will get some pics up of Gomez and Dempsey to give you guys an update. Dempsey is what my girlfriend named him and I guess I will keep it to make her happy lol