• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

6mth old acting weird

dgrout

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone I just got a 6 month old female couple days ago. Anyway she has been curling up on cool side of cage and just seems generally not very active is this normal. Also she is very flat looking im new to this so also do not know if this is normal she seems to be eating fine mostly dubia

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How big is the tank? Sometimes she could be overwhelmed and stressed from the size of her tank. I would try to see if you can get her to basking spot. I've had to do that with Maya because she would hide in her bushes. I'd often put her on her basking spot and she'd bask.

dgrout

Bearded Dragon Egg
Noella said:
How big is the tank? Sometimes she could be overwhelmed and stressed from the size of her tank. I would try to see if you can get her to basking spot. I've had to do that with Maya because she would hide in her bushes. I'd often put her on her basking spot and she'd bask.
Its a 20 long I believe I have moved her to basking spot 3 times she keeps going back

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Any stinky poops that make you want to clear the room?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When did you get him/her? Sometimes they'll hide when they're scared and they're under stress like relocation stress.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No. It's relocation stress. She needs time to get used to her new tank surroundings. When I got Maya, she'd only eat crickets and then I switched her to dubias because she got pinworms and coccidia. We're on round 2 for P&C and has one more dose of Ponzurial. Maya also eats greens.

To get acclimated, it takes a week at the most. Maybe less if you don't touch him/her much.

Latest posts