• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

55 Gallon Setup

barnbabe0127

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, so I'm getting my first beardie here soon and I would love advice on lighting and heating a 55 gallon tank. I know a 55g isn't ideal for a full grown bearded and I will upgrade when the time comes. The problem I have been encountering is the height of the 55g tank it is 48"x13"x21".
Here is my plan:
http://lightyourreptiles.com/46t5hofihouw1.html
This is the 46" t-5 HO fixture with Acadia d3 + 12% HO bulb
+
Exoterra intense basking bulb 150w
+
All living things ceramic heat emitter
( I'm trying to figure out the wattage for this I'm thinking 60w. I want this for the cooler end of the tank and for at night)

I keep my house at 68 degrees if this helps. Does any one have a 55 and if so how do u have it set up and do you think this will work
And do I set up the uvb bulb inside the tank or on the screen ?(because my cat I have to have a screen) . Thanks guys

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum! Glad to a new addition to the community!
Sounds like that'll be a good setup. You may not even need the ceramic heat emitter (CHE) until night time.
Ask LightYourReptiles.com what the effective area is for that light. It's probably around 15-18" with a screen it'll be a little less.
55 gal will be good for a young beardie. In fact, if you were to add a 2nd level inside, it may be big enough for him as an adult.

Latest posts