• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

5 yr old weak legs, tummy spasms, not eating, staying in cool area.

DeeAnn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I’m new to the forum and hoping to get some sound advice. I bought my 15 year old son his beardy from Petco 4 3/4 years ago (August will be 5 years) but he’s never cared for it, I do. 2 months ago his hind legs seemed weak when walking. It progressively got worse and he had twitching in his lower belly. I read that he could be impacted or have MBD. I Immediately purchased a new thermometer, 2 new UVB bulbs (rigged them up so there is nothing between him and lightbulbs) and took him to vet. The vet did X-ray and blood work. Saw nothing extraordinary. She had me increase temp on the warm side (I used a ceramic bulb) We soaked the beardy, he passed gas and pooped so he’s not impacted. His substrate was crushed walnut shells but we now have Zoo Med fabric substrate. I soak him every other day so he doesn't get dehydrated and vet gave me powdered food which I feed him daily with syringe. Vet hasn’t checked for parasites because I didn’t give her the stool sample (because I thought he was just impacted). He is not improving. His front legs now seem weak (he accidentally rolled himself over while turning around) His belly twitches once in a while and today he’s staying in the cool side. He even retreated to the cool side after I fed him (in the warm side). Is there anything I’m missing? I did just read that these may be signs of him dying. I‘m hoping he’s not and just need some input. Thanks in advance.

jessiechick1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I’m fairly new too...does he get calcium with d3? Anytime I look up weakness in legs it seems calcium related, if not impaction...if you still don’t get any responses here, I recommend joining any bearded dragon group on fb & you will prob get more answers than you can imagine..I hope everything works out for your beardie & if I find anything else I’ll let you know

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello I agree that it might be a calcium or MBD issue. I would suggest getting tested for parasites you also might want to get a second vets opinion.

Latest posts