• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

35 days in incubating...have questions

lauren

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi all, my first time breeding. She laid 20 on Dec 9th and I kept 8 bc I don't want to overwhelm myself. I have a hovabator, no fan. I used hatch-rite. I soaked it in hot water bc it was very dry. There are 6 that look good.2 sunk in a week or so in. Not molding yet so I'm keeping them. The humidity gauge is reading 80% but it feels so dry! I have a digital thermometer reads between 84-86. I have put water around eggs a few times as I know you shouldn't spray directly on eggs. I want to put water in incubator or cup or something. I have lid on sandwich container but not sealed. Eggs are growing for sure.
What can I do to raise humidity?
Should substrate be crispy, if not...what do I do, I don't want to drown them or over saturate...
When should I see the hatching begin as I've read the higher temps tends to hatch at 60 day mark.
Thanks for any help!!

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Humidity levels should be around 70, keep the substrate around the eggs moist & let them chill.

Latest posts