• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 weekends too good to be true what am i doing

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh god too good to be true bubba bubba bubba so obviously a new mystery for the minds bubba had his bath just a bit ago first time ever putting his head under anyway started getting very very mean puffing and turn black and hissing something i never heard before put him back in viv kept puffing getting black and all of a sudden like and excersist thing took over head shook rapidly side to side and water or liquid of sorts and food (superworm and veggies) spewed everywhere scared the crap out of me bad food or breathed in too much water or i again am complelty baffled basically threw up but it was like like i said and excorsist thing his head shook so fast side to side i have never seen anything like it evey this time i am extremely scared worried speechless doesnt seem like it ok ok im done please anything

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
what are your temps at?
and how long are you giving after he feeds before placing him in the bath?

he needs at least an hour of heat in his tank to help his food digest before he gets a good soak

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
he ate atleast 3 hours before his bath that was only 3 supers his big meal what this morning and temps are constant at 111 i took him puffing as him well puffing his beard but now i can relate it to a cat coughing up a hair ball and its what is sounded like to he is sleeping now

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
and too add basking side 111 and cool side 84 he threw up on his basking stone but hadn't been there for more than 5 mins. before the spew which landed on all 4 sides of his viv by the way i hate to complain about this but i have already spent more on vet visits then i have spent on buying bubba if he desperatly needs one i really cant say no but i have to know for sure we are boiling his rocks but the wood for now we just soaked in some water wiped down the sides of the viv until tomorrow not to sure what we can use the pet store by us does not sell the stuff to clean the tank what household cleaner would be good for inside the tank if any to disinfect it we use cinch on our fish tanks and they are fine but i dont want to use it on bubba's until i know for sure

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can use bleach that is diluted in water. Make sure you throughly rinse everything until you no longer smell bleach.

How is Bubba doing today?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also, how long is Bubba? The reason why I am asking is that it is said that to give a bearded dragon superworms, they should be at least 16 inches long. Otherwise, they are not digesting them properly.

Something to keep in mind is that Bubba just came off medication, right? Sometimes they may react and throw up their food due to the meds.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well bubba is 16 inches maybe a tiny bit more i doubt it is the superworms we feed them often and now all of a sudden he throws up i honestly think it had something to do with the water like i said he put in nose in the water and probably took too deep of a breath and got all water because thats as soon as he started "coughing" i finally made it home today he has not had a repeat today i will try another bath tonight but he just ate a 1/2 cup of veggies and about 20 crickets and like 3 supers so his appetite is good actually its better than it has been this whole week i also believe maybe it could be possibly blueberries i gave a 1/4 cut to him yesterday and doug (he got picked to clean the viv) said most of the liquid was blueish color so i stopped fruit for now all i know he likes is mangos but i think they may be a bit to heavy for him at the moment well he is his normal self give me a heart attack now at a rate of 1 every two weeks haha

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
These little guys always keep us on our toes. Worry never stops.

I'm glad to hear Bubba has not had a repeat. Hopefully, it is a fluke thing. I've heard of beardies throwing up before. BTW...I love the name Bubba. I've been going over phonix with my son and to distinguish the B from the P, I used the word Bubba. He loves saying it. And it is his friend's nickname. ;D

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh my. i would be freakin out. i hope it is just a fluke thing. bubba has been through so much lately!

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
wow so its been how long ha its been awhile finally started moving and no problems with bubba since throwing up awesome and he is almost done shedding yay!!!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear it. I was thinking about you and Bubba today.

Good luck with the move. When is the big day?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im so glad bubba is doing good now. i think he just enjoys worrying his mom just like all the other beardies do lol

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well the big day already happened it was supposed to be in july but we got it all done early now its the small little things that drive me crazy bubba loves it he has his own beardie proof room so more space to run around and stretch for a bit every day and more good new he gained weight he is at 300grams from 236 about a month ago im so proud we finally ordered from mulberryfarms by the way and it was good although i didnt like the fact that i paid for 2 day shipping only i ordered it on a wed. night and they dont ship after wed. until mon. so anyway if you order make sure its on a mon or tues

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I hate it when that happens. It is crappy sometimes where they put the "fine" print.

I am so glad the move went well and he is doing well. Thats a good bit of weight. Mommy must be spoiling him lol.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well he got a little taste of his loved Phoenix worms and silkworms so his appetite is just so big right now he is amazing ha we scared our new neighbors with he so he will be our new watch beardie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats on the move! You'll get everything in order. Hopefully, you won't be like us. We've been in our house for years and we still have some things not unpacked.

I think Bubba likes having you around all the time too. They become attached to their humans.

Sucks about the shipping. I stopped ordering other than standard delivery. I used to pay for the 2 day stuff when in need and it always arrived after the fact. But if you don't have a choice, what you gonna do? Thanks for the tidbit on Mulberry Farms.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, thanks for that information ! Some day I would like to make an order, for some silks and Phoenix, but for now, it's just a job keeping up with the roaches, or rather lack there of... My boys ( and girl geckos) are eating me outta house and Roach !
Janie.

Latest posts