• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1st time with night crawlers

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LUCI AND Dexter's 1st time with nightcrawlers. Dexter had a hard time but Luci did okay.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
hahaha they dont look too convinced ;)
I swear Dexter has a depth perception problem, she does that with a lot of things.

At least Luci tasted it. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Its good to try to get away from the concept of 'staple diets', especially now as there are so many different insects to use in the mix. They are a very good feeder though, with a great calcium to phosphorous ratio and a high amount of other minerals too.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Its good to try to get away from the concept of 'staple diets', especially now as there are so many different insects to use in the mix. They are a very good feeder though, with a great calcium to phosphorous ratio and a high amount of other minerals too.
I'm looking to get rid of crickets.. And can not use roaches.....

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm looking to get rid of crickets.. And can not use roaches.....

I do a worm mixture. Horns, supers, now nightcrawlers. I throw in crickets every once in awhile since I still have to have them around the house. I'm finding that as Dexter and Luci get older they don't have the voracious appetites they used to and there are a lot of things they just don't want to eat.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I do a worm mixture. Horns, supers, now nightcrawlers. I throw in crickets every once in awhile since I still have to have them around the house. I'm finding that as Dexter and Luci get older they don't have the voracious appetites they used to and there are a lot of things they just don't want to eat.
I'm getting tired of the noise, stench and loose crickets I find all over the house....

I currently use

Horns
Silks
Supers
Phoenix
Crickets

Crickets being the majority

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Those sound like a good mix. So far I've been pretty lucky about not having loose crickets. I keep mine in the basement so if I do lose one or two it's not a huge deal. I also clean up their tank once a week or so and also clean it out with bleach or vinegar between shipments.

Latest posts