• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New adult BD wont eat°° she use to be great eater

jodygrindle

Hatchling Dragon
Help!! Newly adopted 3 year old female bearded dragon. Previous owner says she is an amazing eater and she was first few days. Now won't eat nothing help please

Attachments

• 20240430_131938.jpg
    20240430_131938.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Help!! Newly adopted 3 year old female bearded dragon. Previous owner says she is an amazing eater and she was first few days. Now won't eat nothing help please
How long have you had her? Shes probably going thru relocation stress but the completely not eating is not good---- please go over the UVB--- coil or long tube fixture they do expire and screens determine placement and distance for a long tube fixture -- coils are no good --- surface basking temps of 95-100 and should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- please no colored - yellowish or off white or Daytime bulbs - all this needs to be on par - once we have determined the things I have mentioned and asked about we can move on from there

jodygrindle

Hatchling Dragon
How long have you had her? Shes probably going thru relocation stress but the completely not eating is not good---- please go over the UVB--- coil or long tube fixture they do expire and screens determine placement and distance for a long tube fixture -- coils are no good --- surface basking temps of 95-100 and should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- please no colored - yellowish or off white or Daytime bulbs - all this needs to be on par - once we have determined the things I have mentioned and asked about we can move on from there
I use long uvb, it's brand new bulb. Baskspot 102. Ambient about 74.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've had her 3 weeks
Is there a piece of basking decor directly under it 12-15 inches? Ok how are you getting the surface basking temps? Stick ons wont give surface temps-- ambient of 74 is on cool side or hot side? You want 80ish cool side during the day and ambient hot side around 100

jodygrindle

Hatchling Dragon
Uvb, basking bulb is 10-12 in. From platform. Hotside ambient is 84. What should I do???

Attachments

• 20240430_163244.jpg
    20240430_163244.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
G
Uvb, basking bulb is 10-12 in. From platform. Hotside ambient is 84. What should I do???
What is your surface basking temps? They should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- those temps will give ambient temps of around 100-- or should

jodygrindle

Hatchling Dragon
Ok....
....I'm thinking that's not the problem because it was 99 and I raised it. Noo difference in feeding

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok....
....I'm thinking that's not the problem because it was 99 and I raised it. Noo difference in feeding
Ok drop it back to the 99 or so- she's going thru relocation stress- everything else sounds good+ she's of good weight -- give her time to adjust and keep offering food- how does she get water?

jodygrindle

Hatchling Dragon
Ok drop it back to the 99 or so- she's going thru relocation stress- everything else sounds good+ she's of good weight -- give her time to adjust and keep offering food- how does she get water?
I spray greens and give water dish

Latest posts