• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding problem with one of my juveniles

Lenny_The_Bearded_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
On Saturday, I feed one of my juvies about 10 superworms. On Sunday, he threw up little superworms pieces. On Monday I noticed his stools weee a little runny. He also won’t accept any food. Can anyone help?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
On Saturday, I feed one of my juvies about 10 superworms. On Sunday, he threw up little superworms pieces. On Monday I noticed his stools weee a little runny. He also won’t accept any food. Can anyone help?
Super worms are for treats not a staple feeder --- 1-3 every other day is good - he needs salads every day http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale info its outdated and a good staple feeder
he also needs a staple insect - crickets dubia roaches silk worms or BSFL --- these need to be fed every day till hes around a year old then the feedings for insects should drop to 2-3 times per week - salads will be the main diet after that --
My guess he got a upset stomach from all the super worms- please no more for a few days -- you can try a probiotic for the upset stomach - it is recommended for them when on antibiotics since those tend to give an upset stomach as well -- this is what I have used in the past for Blaze https://bug-de-lite.com/Item/Reptophilus or you can contact Tracie Drache613 on this forum or the website posted for advice as well --- shes a vet tech -- she can help as well w/ the upset stomach - but please go over the diet your feeding -- what are you using for a UVB? a long tube fixture or a coil?

Lenny_The_Bearded_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Super worms are for treats not a staple feeder --- 1-3 every other day is good - he needs salads every day http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale info its outdated and a good staple feeder
he also needs a staple insect - crickets dubia roaches silk worms or BSFL --- these need to be fed every day till hes around a year old then the feedings for insects should drop to 2-3 times per week - salads will be the main diet after that --
My guess he got a upset stomach from all the super worms- please no more for a few days -- you can try a probiotic for the upset stomach - it is recommended for them when on antibiotics since those tend to give an upset stomach as well -- this is what I have used in the past for Blaze https://bug-de-lite.com/Item/Reptophilus or you can contact Tracie Drache613 on this forum or the website posted for advice as well --- shes a vet tech -- she can help as well w/ the upset stomach - but please go over the diet your feeding -- what are you using for a UVB? a long tube fixture or a coil?
Long UVB, 10.0 70% bugs 30% greens every day.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Long UVB, 10.0 70% bugs 30% greens every day.
the UVB is where in the tank? top of screen or inside the tank? Fine screens will block approx 30% of the UVB rays --- if its a wide hole type it can stay on top of the screen but the distance will be different from inside of the tank to the top of the screen placement - your surface basking temps are what? this plays a huge role in the process of digestion - you said he had pieces of super worm that came back up? how are you getting your surface basking temps? Stick ons will give you only ambient temps -

Lenny_The_Bearded_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
the UVB is where in the tank? top of screen or inside the tank? Fine screens will block approx 30% of the UVB rays --- if its a wide hole type it can stay on top of the screen but the distance will be different from inside of the tank to the top of the screen placement - your surface basking temps are what? this plays a huge role in the process of digestion - you said he had pieces of super worm that came back up? how are you getting your surface basking temps? Stick ons will give you only ambient temps -
Digital probe thermometer, basking temp 95-100, UVB is 12 inches away, unobstructed.

Latest posts