• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

QueenElizardbethII

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My girl Queen Elizardbeth swallowed some paper towel. I didn’t realize she had swallowed it and I’m not sure how long it was in her mouth (it was a long piece). When I noticed, I was so worried and tried to gently take it out of her mouth, this is what made me realize how long it was. It definitely was partially in her stomach.

Is she going to be okay? Should I take her to the vet? She seems generally okay. She for sure was not happy when I was taking the paper towel out and had stress marks for a while, but they went away. She’s breathing normally it seems. I got most of the paper towel out but I think she swallowed a little bit that I couldn’t get in time. I’m worried I messed up her stomach or throat, or anything really!!

Has this happened to anyone before? Please let me know if my baby girl is alright or if I should take her to the vet. I’m not sure if I’m overreacting or not. I love her so much and don’t want her to get sick or die.

Definitely switching to tiles in her enclosure.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My girl Queen Elizardbeth swallowed some paper towel. I didn’t realize she had swallowed it and I’m not sure how long it was in her mouth (it was a long piece). When I noticed, I was so worried and tried to gently take it out of her mouth, this is what made me realize how long it was. It definitely was partially in her stomach.

Is she going to be okay? Should I take her to the vet? She seems generally okay. She for sure was not happy when I was taking the paper towel out and had stress marks for a while, but they went away. She’s breathing normally it seems. I got most of the paper towel out but I think she swallowed a little bit that I couldn’t get in time. I’m worried I messed up her stomach or throat, or anything really!!

Has this happened to anyone before? Please let me know if my baby girl is alright or if I should take her to the vet. I’m not sure if I’m overreacting or not. I love her so much and don’t want her to get sick or die.

Definitely switching to tiles in her enclosure.
Watch her poop - dragons have swallowed a lot worse things before - like money that requires surgery- paper towel she can digest -

Latest posts