• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zuki's Viv (Before and After Pix)

SerenityAppeals

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So first up are the photos of the viv Zuki was re-homed to us with... we were told it is a 40 gallon tall for a chameleon or small lizard.

2wolqpy.jpg

Things we needed to change:
1. floor room - she needed more of it.
2. Substrate - she had coco husk from a brick.
3. Lighting and Temps.

We changed the lighting and got the temps up!
We also lost the coco husk and replaced it with paper towels.

103u4a1.jpg

And then we were finally able to get our bigger 40 gallon tank out of storage.
We tiled it and fixed the lid... and this is the final look :)

a4758i.jpg

She is way happier and can run around now, we are happy with the ease of clean up and the way the viv looks now! :)
What do you guys think? Criticism is welcome but please be gentle. We spent a lot of time reading the pros and cons of different viv setups!

2qvdslk.jpg

Thanks everyone for taking a look at the pix :D

-Jess

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very nice job!

Remind me, are you using the solar light or something for UV? My memory is a bit foggy lately. ;D
The only critique I have is it looks a bit dark in there. It could just be my computer, but the one side looks a bit dark.

SerenityAppeals

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks!

It's actually my camera... The light illuminates the tank well on both sides - we only have the lid on the tank when we leave the house otherwise the light is raised up a bit and much brighter.

We are using a mercury vapor bulb - I need to replace it Ive been told but it isn't in the budget until at least July.

-Jess

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looking good, nice tiles and lots of floor space

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looking MUCH better, Love the new look. I like to brighten up my vivs by putting a CFL light on the cool side. It adds so much light and no heat.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice job! The 40g breeder looks much better for Zuki.

Shoulon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Iv'e looked for weeks now (almost a month) and I cant be yet to find a piece of driftwood or even a rock that looks as good as yours =( any help? =/