• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zilla brand products.

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
i recently decided that my dragon needs some more UV lights for his tank. He only had a small bulb that was on the hot side of his tank. I went out today and bought this http://www.petco.com/product/115855/...plies_Lighting i have seen some people trashing it and some others saying its good. So i have decided to come here the only place i can find people with a better response than "no that lights gay". if any one knows of a good brand of heat light that i can use at night for my little guy that wont keep him awake let me know(it can get a bit chilly inside at times lowest temp i have seen was 68f)

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
For the night hours is best to go with a heat emitting ceramic, something that looks like this:

http://www.petco.com/product/5003/Z...r:adType=pla&gclid=COGZuq6igrMCFQXNnAodo3EADg

I'm not that good on brands, but someone will come along soon that can put a couple of cents into it. I will also wait for the answer, since I don't have one yet myself. But I have a little time left, since I'm in Central Florida. It's still not that cool at nights down here.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am also one that is not fond of the Zilla Desert 50 UVB or very few Zilla products for that matter. They will work though, if your BD can get quite close to it when mounted above a screen. Repisun or Reptiglo 10.0 are better choices in my opinion. Unsure why you feel the need to provide more UVB if the Basking area is sufficiently covered with it. UVB is only required at the basking spot, as that is where it should be spending the majority of it's time if your temps are setup correctly. They should also have areas of the enclosure that they can get away from the UVB, in the Shade, so to speak, when\should they feel the need. This area is generally the cool side in most setups.

Night heat is not needed or wanted, unless your ambient room temps drop below the mid to low 60s F. BDs should be allowed to cool at night, it slows their metabolism down for a good night's sleep. Should night heat be absolutely necessary because your night ambient room temps drop below the mid to low 60s F, a CHE (Ceramic Heat emitter) similar to the one CBJ suggested above, should be used & it should be with a dimmer inline or thermostatically controlled to just take the edge off. 65-70F is just fine. This will provide heat with no light emitted to bother your BDs sleep, as lights of ANY color will bother most BD's sleep at night.

Good Luck

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
the only uvb he has is very small its just a tiny like 10 watt coil bulb so i wanted to replace it with a bigger light on the hot side of his tank and keep the smaller one incase something happens and i need a back up light. the only reason i wen with zilla is because none of the other brands were big enough or the bulb was more than the light housing.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
To "just take the edge off?" Got a mental image of a beardie kicking back in a recliner with a glass of scotch. Yep, time for bed! :)

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
To "just take the edge off?" Got a mental image of a beardie kicking back in a recliner with a glass of scotch. Yep, time for bed! :)
Might have to photoshop that and put it on here if I have the time